You can type here any text you want

First autocross for the GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BuickMike231

60% of the time, it works every time.
Here are some shots my buddy took at the autocross we ran yesterday at my school (Penn State). I've run some autocross before but this was the first with the GN. It was a good turnout, we had about 70 cars running. Just thought I'd share some pics with everyone!

Attachments

• GNautox3.jpg
    GNautox3.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 243
  • GNautox2.jpg
    GNautox2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 251
  • GNautox.jpg
    GNautox.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 248
Heh heh, thats cool.......... your car has the "gangsta lean" on that first pic:D

Looks like a blast!

HAHAHA, yeah it had some lean going on with the crappy tires I've got on. It was definetly a blast too, the cars all stock but I just wanted to use this as a learning experience to see what it would and would not do. There's another autocross up here in a few weeks, so I'll be hitting that one too, I'll post up more pics when I get them!

Thanks, it's definetly a blast to show up in a GN. Everybody comes flocking over like "are you gonna run that?" haha. It's pretty funny, but everybody seems to have tons of respect for these cars, and for good reason too!:cool:

Hey guys, just figured I'd update everybody since they finally posted the results from the autocross. There were 8 people running F-Stock and I took second place!!:biggrin: I'm pretty pumped about that for being my first time autocrossing the GN. The only car that beat me was an '04 GTO by a little over a second. I managed to beat 4 Mustangs ranging from 2000 to 2005 plus a '71 Mach One, an '88 Camaro, and an '03 Police Interceptor Crown Vic. I am pretty happy about the turnout, because I really didn't think I did all that good, but my last run of the day I pulled it all together I guess!

SCCA is definately fun. Nice car!
:cool:
I agree!! ;) Mine was on a banked oval track and crossed in the center. It was a blast to come out of the turn and peg the spedo in the straights! :biggrin:

Awesome video scot! If I have time to get it off my camera, I'll try to post up some video too. I've got my first 3 runs on tape, it's too bad I didn't get the last 3, because they were better, haha. Definetly cool to see more GN's autocrossing too!

Back