You can type here any text you want

First impressions of my new engine

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FastRegalWE2

Wish I had another Buick!
I had this built by Red at EVTB's. Well, I have 250 miles on it now. Got a few minor install issues I had taken care of, couldnt get boost down, called Red, he told me how to fix it, works great now. Few gauges I put in decided to quit working while sitting, dumb things. Changed the oil @ 100 miles, it looked beautiful, no leaks on this thing, radiator holds great pressure, awesome oil pressure, pretty quiet too for a full roller Buick. Damn nice motor. Anyway, running 14 PSI today, getting on the hiway with a Busa behind me, I looked back, he revved, granted he was about a full car behind me, I nailed it and holy freakin cow, couldnt get the tires to stop spinning for several car lengths, finally caught some traction (running MT DR's) and the car sling shotted out, I was counter steering all over with the back whipping around. It took the Busa until I hit 3rd to pass me. I knew I had no chance but man, this thing runs like a raped ape. It was running 11's @ 118 back in Mar 05 with the stock (TE61 on 23psi) set up in it, cant wait to take this thing to the track. Turning it up to 17 PSI tonight to go play.
Also ran my buddies 11 sec 01 SS, whooped him, passed that car up like it was standing still, on 15 PSI last night.

3400 stall

So where is the turbo hitting full boost on your car? I am running the 3400 art carr stall. I built the motor myself without taking a ride in another and I am still feeling the car out.

When I get on mine from a stand still, it seems a little slow off the line. Then it hits somewhere in the 3k rpm and the tires let loose. Redline comes up so quickly and I am in second still spinning and then I have to let off. So still learning

I nailed it and holy freakin cow, couldnt get the tires to stop spinning for several car lengths, finally caught some traction (running MT DR's) and the car sling shotted out, I was counter steering all over with the back whipping around. It took the Busa until I hit 3rd to pass me. I knew I had no chance but man, this thing runs like a raped ape. It was running 11's @ 118 back in Mar 05 with the stock (TE61 on 23psi) set up in it, cant wait to take this thing to the track. Turning it up to 17 PSI tonight to go play.
Also ran my buddies 11 sec 01 SS, whooped him, passed that car up like it was standing still, on 15 PSI last night.

Back