First kill with my GN....

billsgn

Hard Member
I'm not a big fan of street racing as it is very dangerous and illegal, but ever since one of my employee's bought a new Mustang GT (2002), he has been bugging me to run him with my GN.

He has done the usual mods to his GT such as catback exhaust, chip, cold air intake, pulleys and more. I have ridden in his car and I must say that it pulls hard and is pretty quick.

After work tonight, he waited for me in the parking lot and "revved" his engine as I approached my car. I thought about it for a second and said what the heck! I proceded out of the parking lot with him following. We got to the end of the street and waited tilll there were no cars around. I made a right turn and waited for him to pull up next to me. As we were rolling side by side at idle, I heard his engine rev up so I started to brake boost. As soon as he dumped his clutch, I got on the throttle and I could hear his tires light up. My BFG were struggling to find traction and we both hooked up at the same time. I started to slowly pull away from him and I heard him shift. Just then my car shifted into second gear and I had at least a car length on him. Since we were rapidly nearing the next intersection, we both let off and slowed to a stop. As he caught up to me, he gave me a big thumbs up and smiled.

We got onto the highway to start heading home and this time he was in front of me. We cruised up to 40-45 mph and I saw him get on it so I did too. Almost immediately I was glued to his rear bumper and had to feather the throttle to keep from running over him. Since traffic was low, we decided to go for it one last time. This time we were side by side doing around 55 mph. I let him go first and as soon as he did I punched it. He pulled about a car length on me but as soon the turbo spooled up, I was blowing by him. This time I stayed in it until I was over 100 mph before I let off. It took him a few seconds or so to catch up but when he did he had this big grin on his face and yelled out..."damn that thing is fast!!! When you went by me, all I heard was a big whoosh!!"

I sure wish the racing season will start soon as that was just too much fun. As I mentioned at the start of this post, I am not a big fan of street racing and I hope I don't make this a habit....;)

Uhmm Uhmmm!

We'll then Bill! I guess we all give in a little don't we; nice kill. Pacific Raceway has their first test and tune on March 17, that's a Monday. So, I guess you'll be going then.

Good work Bill, nice kill!

So now that you have your alky installed, can we have your thoughts on it?

Did you notice any difference with the FMIC?

Frank, any update on a Dyno Day?

Hope to hear from Dave on the tranny today (yeah, right).

Chris

Alky good, alky good....

Chris,

The alky system should have come stock on every GN from the factory. I just wish I didn't take so long to see the light because it is unbelievable what I have been missing. For a street driven car, an alky system is a must if you like the boost.

I didn't get a front mount....ended up getting lucky on a ebay auction that had the wrong buy it now price for a stretch, big neck stock location IC from a Mease dealer. I saw it like 2 minutes after the auction started and clicked on "buy it now" immediately.

Yes I can feel the difference in the seat of my pants!!! :D :D :D

Sorry to hear about your tranny....I forgot to mention (maybe I did) that Dave is VERY busy and takes a long time. It helps when you tell him that your car is a "daily driver" to get him to work on it sooner. My car is a daily driver and he knew that so I got my car back in less than a week. In fact, he was trying to get it finished by Sat., and when he couldn't, he went in on Sun (they are closed on Sundays) to finish it up for me. Anyways, I hope you get it back soon so you can join us for dyno day.

Bill

Got my BstC boost controller today!!!

I am going to install it as soon as my garage warms up. I also got a HD actuator and an extra wastegate solenoid with the Y harness so I can double the range (7lbs to 14lbs).

Wow, with that combo, I can go from 17lbs to 31lbs with the turn of a knob! Frank, will I be okay with this???:eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

Geez, Frank

Don't be such a hypocrite, Mr. 30psi "should I turn the boost up?"

Holy cow you guys! Keep the boost at a reasonably insane level and enjoy your GN's a little longer.;)

Got it set where I want it....

I tweeked the settings on my BstC boost controller and now I can adjust anywhere from 15lbs to 29lbs simply by turning the knob. I mounted the controller in the ashtray so it is "hidden".

I feel this product is well worth the money.

BTW, while tweeking the controller, I made a few runs at 28lbs, 25lbs and 22lbs. All I can say is OMG!!! 28lbs is too much fun!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Mr. 30psi "should I turn the boost up?"

Did I do that? hehehe:rolleyes:

I just don't want anyone to turn out like me, always desiring more boost.

must... make... more... power...

Nice Kill there Bill!

I've only had a couple "encounters" on the street while driving my Buicks but they all ended up like yours...except for one time, I raced a guy three times on a deserted road at night. We were door to door each time...he was in a GN too! :)

Later,

haha....

Same here, only it was with Frank and he yarded me both times! Of course I was only running 14 lbs at the time....;)