You can type here any text you want

first post

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

back in black

Hello g.n comunity,just got signed in,i thought my first post would be a howdy to all.The reason im here,im pullin my 87 g.n out of storage and gonna start getting her runin again.About 8 years ago i spun a rod bearing and was real poor,so i parked it ,i finally got my money issues resolved and im real stoked on getting this rig goin.whooo hooo.lots of ?'s to come.:biggrin:

welcome.very wise of you to save the car.....good luck and you are at the right place for info and help. Gary.

welcome.very wise of you to save the car.....good luck and you are at the right place for info and help. Gary.
believe me it was tuff damn near got a divorse over it,but i was not going to give up my g.n.she's my dream car, bought her back in 91.My wife finally appreciated my my willingness to go without alot of things to keep this black bad azz car.Ill keep the chit chat down ,just real excited.:biggrin:

Welcome,
I'm in Washington, too. If you need help, drop me a note and I'll help you out. There are a few of us Turbo Buick nuts that reside in Washington state. There are a bunch just north of the boarder, too.

Well, if you didn't get a divorce, you might not be so lucky this time around. There has been so much development in parts, electronics, etc. in the past eight years that at times it can seem impossible to divert your attention away from the almighty GN. The dark side is strong with you grasshoppa'.

Your rolling the dice man. Don't say I didn't warn you. :p

Welcome,
I'm in Washington, too. If you need help, drop me a note and I'll help you out. There are a few of us Turbo Buick nuts that reside in Washington state. There are a bunch just north of the boarder, too.
thanx man i'm sure ill be taking you up on that,truly appreciate the offer.

Well, if you didn't get a divorce, you might not be so lucky this time around. There has been so much development in parts, electronics, etc. in the past eight years that at times it can seem impossible to divert your attention away from the almighty GN. The dark side is strong with you grasshoppa'.

Your rolling the dice man. Don't say I didn't warn you. :p
LOL,she's a good women,and she means the world to me.But at the same time she knows the g.n. is just a dream come true to own one of these cars.Alot of hard work is coming and i and her are up to it.It will get done with her help and this board.Thanx for the welcome guys.Shes been teasing me heare the last few days,cause im all excited about this car again.:D :D

Welcome aboard! Not sure of your knowledge base with these cars but I think you will find that everyone here is willing to help you along. As you get started on your project and hit a snag or two just post your questions and we will do our best to help you out.
As stated above there are lots of new parts on the market to help you achieve your goals. I would recommend to do as much reading as possible and that will get you up to speed fairly quickly.

Glad to have you aboard.

Shane

good luck on your project, it's good to hear that she will be back on the road again

Welcome!

I gave my wife the option, booze, drugs, gambleing, women, OR the buick.
guess what she chose?? ;)

we now have 4 TR's( including a GNX) so I guess she made the right choice! LOL
good luck, and post away, its cheap information! ( and good too )
cruzn57

Welcome!

Recent advances in Alcohol injection and chip design have made those changes some of the first the modifications of choice....Huge advances there.

Good luck rebuilding your engine. :)

Recent advances in Alcohol injection and chip design have made those changes some of the first the modifications of choice....Huge advances there.

Good luck rebuilding your engine. :)

thankyou much,my head is swimming with all the info ive been reading on.Im getting close to start buying parts now just a few more things to workout.
so far im thinkin of goin with
20 over forged pistons
comp roller cam still not sure which grind
crank kit from engine dist.
stock hd convertor
6131 bb turbo
complete trans rebuild[200r4]
stock rods
pushrods?
possibly new fuel pump[have upgraded pump but its been sitting a long time]
chip to match new combo
alky kit
maf upgrade[still trying to figure out which wat to go without breaking the budget
powerstroke intercooler
if i remember right stock headers had a crack[need new ones,not sure which to go with?
theres more stuff to come

Back