You can type here any text you want

first real race with the NEW limited

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sdteb

trying to get it like you
mind you this car is currently tuned at 17lbs stock turbo, 009's and SMC alky kit, stock air box, stock dp.....girdled .040 over used cast piston, stock heads, NA crank motor :D

heres the encounter, coming home from the night job i was behind a slow car going toward the interstate when the car in front finally departed the car on my ass getting on the interstate with me so i decided to pull away by hammering the skinny pedal....to no avail he stayed about ten feet from me as i let out from a 20-80 mph run to let him pull up beside me, as i wanted to see what it was....

low and behold a C5 :eek: pulls up next to me on at about 70 mph...so he decides to have another go at it...we go from about 70-100 est....i stay right next to his door...wow i cant tell you how happy this made me as this car did not feel that fast...oh well i bet he was suprised by the hooptie :) :)

You should have turned up the boost and put lengths between you two! :biggrin:

Are you sure it wasnt a geo storm you were racing in that hoopride?

BW

the walbro went in tonight so the wick was turned to 20lbs tonight...powder coated the lowers and the brake drums this past weekend black chrome like neals stuff...next the truck wheels are getting black chrome....just waiting on the center caps from buickgn.com for the torque thrusts...

Once you get them powdercoated, shoot me some pics of it.. Sounds like its gonna look real nice.

Now, was it a geo storm, or a metro you were racin' :p
BW

they are already done an on the car...they look sharp....with the torque thurst on ... :) now to buy new front rotors and powdercoat them ....then the tranny pan etc etc...:)

Well I have a good one a friend raced my 87 Grand National at the track and it is a long ways home, He was in front of me with a friend in the GN and I was in a 2002 Cadillac DeVille with my wife behind him, I wasn't even thinking of racing him I was just playing around so I pulled up beside him as we were on the interstate and it looked clear, He laughed at me and we got up to 125 and we both nailed it and dam the Caddy pulled him, Have no ideal what we were running but the wife ended it and we slowed back down to 70 but we still talk about that, He said he would never have believed it and I sure wouldn't have, By the way the GN run 11.18 at 120 at the strip, So what kind of kill is this, My GN

Attachments

• Grand National.jpg
    Grand National.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 374
bw...it may have been some slow ass dodge now that i think about it...

Bring that duraslack to KC, then we will see who is the big dog :biggrin:

Neil and i were talkin bout you tonight at his house in the garage.

He thought you were racing a pinto, but i had to stick up for ya buddy, i told him NO WAY in hell would you be side by side with a pinto.

We finally agreed it was a 84 reliant K-car:eek: :biggrin: :wink:

Here is Shandy's beast

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 338
....CUMinngs...thats what my exhaust will do all over your hood with soot.!!!!

:biggrin: LOL

Post a better picture of your car, i lost the one with the new tint job
BW

Back