You can type here any text you want

First time at the track

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

etnrice

I drove to the track (about 1 1/2 hours away) and ran on my everyday driver street tires (BFG radial TA 255/60/15), on alky of course with 22 pounds of boost. I was really suprised it ran this well. Is this a common time and speed with my set up on street tires?

Attachments

• scan0001(1).jpg
    scan0001(1).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 313
  • scan0002(1).jpg
    scan0002(1).jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 317
Good start with regular tires. Get some M/T tires and leave with more boost. Your best 60 was after noon so I assume the track warmed up. A few tenths off that would put you in the 11s.:)

After looking around at other times that are posted, it seems that there are a lot of 11.6-11.7 times at the same MPH as I had (112.5). Is that only because of slicks or what? Attached a link of my best run.YouTube - 12.18 on street tires

After looking around at other times that are posted, it seems that there are a lot of 11.6-11.7 times at the same MPH as I had (112.5). Is that only because of slicks or what? Attached a link of my best run.YouTube - 12.18 on street tires

Well it's pretty easy to cut a 1.7 or a 1.8 on ET streets so that would give you an additional 7-8 tenths off.

etnrice,nice pass.you walked it out pretty good on the vid:)to go 11.6's you are going to have to get a stickier tire so you can load some boost on the leave,hitting the tire harder without wheelspin,dropping the 60ft to the 1.6 range.may need more boost as well,either way more than a good start;)

Back