You can type here any text you want

first time at track

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cruesix

topless tta
well first night out didnt go so well..only getting 10 psi boost,have no idea why :confused: any ideas would be welcomed everything seems to be hooked up,but i dont know what would cause low boost?

and to make matters worse i blew the front seal out of the trans at 90mph :eek: i think you know the mess i made at the track..took an hour to clean it up :( so my night ended early..any ideas on the boost issue??as i dont have a clue..other than that the car runs excellent..oh i also got to put in a fuel pump this morning becouse it apparantly felt left out in the whole lets replace everything on this car at once project :rolleyes: but at any rate i did get three passes at 10 psi my best being the one when the trans let go....so here are my numbers..ive got alot of room for improvement hopefully ill be able to get back before the snow flys

r/t .160
60' 2.123
330 5.876
1/8 9.022
mph 78.02
1000 11.754
1/4 14.072
mph 96.67

forgot to metion..up until today i was getting 17-18psi but when i did a final inspection before going to the track i noticed the vacuum hose on the bottom of the turbo had popped off..so i put it back on..since then ive had only 10psi..unfortunatly since my trans took a crap so early i didnt get a chance to do any experimenting..any input would be very much appriciated..hopefully ill have it up and running by next weekend and be able to give it another try :D

low boost

Hi,
Mixed up wastegate actuator hoses or a bad control solenoid could cause this.Also a weak actuator is possible, they are about $80. The solenoid is under $30. Also, it is possible the "y" fitting has been replaced with an improper one, no restrictor orifice.
I rebuilt the turbo on my TType,should have replaced it due to bad shaft wear. Ironically,I totally fixed the oil passage problem I had, but now it doesn't boost like it used to due to. Probably due to the extra drag it has. I bought a TA49, but haven't put it on yet. But I digress...
Regarding your trans seal, if you see ANY wear on the hub or to the pump tangs, replace the bushing or the whole pump, and converter of course.Time for a 2800 stall unit anyway, right? Good luck!

Back