First Timer

automorph

How are y'all? First time in here and had a couple questions. Got an 89 TTA and am looking to run DFI or Speedpro. What is involved with these systems besides money, time and knowledge? :D Is there a big gain? How do beginners fare with these systems?

Thanks
Andy

money... not that much at least for the DFI time.... depends how much you understand basic engine control theory knowledge .... see #2

I have played around quite a bit with typhoons before I started down the GN path so I mostly understood what it took to make a motor run right.

with that said, I am fairly confindent with my new DFI. I got a couple of base programs from different list members and tried them all, went with the one that was closest and started tuning from there. I would say that unless you are running lean with 50's DFI probably will not add much performance (unless your combo is tuned poorly) but if this is not the case (it is with few stock block motors and not my problem) I would probably go with a maxeffort
programming instead. I liked the idea of and went with DFI only because I was pretty confident that I could tune it well and I wanted the user adjustability.

I am very happy with it. I have got my combo 80% done right now, fuel consumption and WOT tuning is still left but with it 95 degrees here it is pretty tough to do either of these right now.

as far as speed pro the learing curve is not as big but the cost is quite a bit more. unless you are running into the 10's or have someone that is very willing to help it is probaby not worth it

I have been very wrong before but this is just my .02