You can type here any text you want

First Track day soon.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GTABurnout

Yeah the nice thing about Arizona trackdays in Dec. Well I have a quick question I have never raced at the track and I was wondering if I will have to shift to OD befor the end of the 1/4 . Or is D enough. thanks

D is enough, i went 122mph in D and there where still some revs left.

Good luck!

Leave on the last yellow;)

write down all data for referance. (tire psi,outside temp,ect.)

:) HTH

Bo

Don't drive *through* the waterbox (unless you're on slicks all around). Back up into it if you need to do a burnout.

Don't let the mustang guys get you down ;-)

Have to be cool.... take it easy...... no hurry..... just build up your boost, that´s where the HP´s are. Take you´re time at the line, build up the boost.
GOOD tires.
Once you let the throttle off you doesn´t have the boost any more and have to wait for it.
If you have changed the stock valve springs, shift the damn car just before 5000 rpm, if not at approx. 4700rpm.

Press the brake pedal ALL you can.

Stage on the first beam. Put it into neutral and rev it up a little while holding the brake down(you'll feel it go a little further(more vaccum for the booster). then bring up the rpms till you build enough boost to just push you into the 2nd beam, take a little off it so it doesn't push you all the way through. Leave on the last yellow and hope you don't spin.........

Or stage first that way you have time to build broost and enough brake pressure to hold it while the other guy is staging. Again leave on the last yellow and hope you don't spin...

Have fun and good luck..

Get some slicks..do a nice roast..pull up to the lites..pump your brake pedal a couple of times..hold it down hard..pull up on your E-brake handle hard..mash the gas pedal all the way down..when the boost needle hits 15lbs..release brake and hang on..Guaranteed 1.5-1.6 60 foots all day long..

With street tires..leave at zero boost and roll into the throttle..dont jab it down..With nitto's..spool up to a couple of lbs 2-3 and mash the pedal if the track has good prep..1.6's with tires at 20 lbs approx.

Back