You can type here any text you want

Fitting Precision 76 turbo in car... how did you guys do it?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

karolko

hey guys,

Late last night I finally set my new precision turbo onto my headers just to see what it would look like and the thing is soo big that the 5" intake will not allow the 3" charge pipe to bolt onto the throttle body.

the turbo sits very high basically.

I have TA 4 bolt headers and a Precision 7576 gt 42 style turbo. It has a 5" inlet and a 3" vband outlet. This thing is massive.

I know a bunch of you guys have successfully run these turbo in our cars and was hoping for some help and guidance.

Am I going to have to modify the header to lower the turbo?

What has everyone else done so they didn't have to build a stupid looking charge pipe.

Thanks a lot in advance

Adrian Karolko

I would guess a spacer under the doghouse. I have only seen 1 other 5 inch inlet that I actually paid attention to and it was a TSO car. It has a fabbed intake and was built high enough. Most all the 4 inch intakes pipes need the doghouse raised and the IAC turned 45 degrees. My 72mm throttlebody has the IAC machined at 45 degrees already and I am running a 3.5 intake tube with a billet 67 HPQ turbo.

Coach,

thanks for the response, I forgot to mention I am running a Champion race intake.

I guess the question becomes if I run a spacer in the doghouse will it effect the air distribution from the RJC powerplate?

I run a P-Trim 76 Old school with a 4" inlet and i have a 1" spacer on top of the power plate with no problems.

You need a spacer under the dog house. I dont run a vacuum block. The clamp on the tb hose rubs the hood. This is with ta headers and a precision gt42 7675 just like you have. There are pics of it on here.

Go to stage 2 heads this will solve your problem, as the intake sits higher...:D. Champion sells a few different plenum spacers this is the way to go..

forcefed, I have tried to find one of your threads with photos of you enginebay, however I am unable to find them,

Would it be possible to post them up here when you get a chance. I would greatly appreciate it.

Adrian Karolko

I posted from my phone. Here are some pics
pt4276-024-jpg.187011
pt4276-031-jpg.187652

Same setup as mine. 1" Champion spacer, a 5"to 4" silicone reducer, and a 4" air intake pipe (just makes it under the intercooler pipe). 5" pipe is over kill for your setup, and will not fit without major mods. Can't run the stock vacuum block on the dog house. As forcefed 3.8's said it would hit the hood. Your going to need a special starter for this setup too with the TA 4 bolt headers and that Stefs pan. Ask me how I know. I got my starter from Dan at DLS.

I pulled out my stock heater box but still run a DIY custom heater in the car. So I also run a half inch 4 bolt spacer on my header, then mount my turbo on that, otherwise the turbo would hit the coolant port at the top of the water pump. If your water pump doesn't have the coolant neck, you don't need the half inch spacer on the headers.

Here's how I did it on my S2 car. The turbo is a GT42-76. I didn't use a 5" inlet. It might look cool but it is hard to find 5" alum pipe and hard to route. I used 4" with rubber 45 elbows.
Intake and TB 004.jpg

Of course - I had the same problem as everyone else. Mine was compounded by a 3 bolt to 4 bolt adapter - but I ended up having the compressor housing inlet surfaced milled off about 1/2" and used a rubber reducer like Dave did. I did not have to space the intake upwards.

Here's how I did it...

I really like your setup.

STP, I too am not following any class rules and I have thought about doing this exact setup before.

I would like to ask you a few questions,

1) I too have a heatshield product lavashield, I bought one for my previous setup with a pt70mm turbo and it fit great, now I went to put it onto the 7576 turbo and it looks a little short. This is a 1.28AR housing, and the heatshield is a T4 size. What size is yours and what AR housing are you using?

2) Did you modify a set of headers or are those 1 off headers?

3) where/how did you run the wastegate?

Thx, I just finished it a few weeks ago. I say finished, but I'm never completly finished : ) Have some powder coating I may do.

Exhaust housing is a .90 T4 flange...It could probably use a touch larger exh housing but since I drive it alot, I didn't want it lazy on the bottom.

I modified a set of TA headers. This proved to be the hardest part. Would of been easier to start from scratch on the passenger side header...

Wastegate is on the crossover dumped into the exhaust...

Back