You can type here any text you want

Flaring rear brake line

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WhiteTtype989

I keep having problems with leaky lines im trying to replace the line going from the pass. side wheel cylinder in the block on the hose in the rear are they supposed to be single or double flared keep trying double and nothing but leak leak leak any help would be appreciated

They should DEFINATELY be double flare if you still have the stock hose coming from the frame to the diff housing. Make sure the mounting bolt is tight as it provides a seal for the block as well. If it isn't tight you will have a leak!! And don't be afraid to give a little elbow grease to those fittings...they have to be quite tight!!HTH --Keith:D

I replaced that line on my car with a premade straight 3/16" line from the chain store double flared line rack.

Just bent it to fit well, didn't have a vibration spring and all but mine rotted due to rust and corrosion from trapped stuff in the rear housing to brake line area in the spring anyway so I didn't want one.

If you use a premade line the flares should be good, I forget the exact length you need, but you should be able to gauge that from the existing line or what you have now.

Just an alternative to trying to flare them, and of course assuming you can bend them up okay, I didn't have a problem with that at all and took my time.

Back