Flood of TTA's on Ebay

DaJoker

DUMB QUESTION MEMBER
6 freaking TTA's on Ebay right now, including 2 festival cars. Both festival cars have under 20k 1 for 29k and the other for 40K:eek: !!!! Gee are the values finally inching up a bit?

I have been watching these as well, not that I am looking to sell. Spring is the time that most people are looking to buy a new project, a lot of people have tax refund money to spend, and selling off cars they already have. The real thing to look at is not what they are asking but what money they are truly bringing. $40K for a low mileage car, that maybe a good deal for someone but it is awfully high for someone wanting to get in to one of these cars to drive on a regular basis. Just my .02.

I agree but the price of admission for these cars seems to be appreciating. Got my 2 yrs ago with 36k for $10,700.....wonder what it would cost now?? Mine won't be for sale for a LONG time though.;)

It will be interesting to see what these two festival cars sell for. The 9K mile car at 40K is the sister to mine. Mine is #90 and this one is #91.

- Dave

I agree but the price of admission for these cars seems to be appreciating. Got my 2 yrs ago with 36k for $10,700.....wonder what it would cost now?? Mine won't be for sale for a LONG time though.;)

Geez, you stole that one:smile:

Mine has 1,200 miles ... And I still think the current pricing is too soft. Since there's no charge for hope, I'm hoping these things go north soon. I'm thinking of buying a 'driver' TTA so I can go out and play.

Mike

I might be selling my Festival TTA on there soon too...

It's a nice original califonia car with all the original paint 'cept for the nose [fenders are still factory but the front bumper cover is an aftermarket piece]. The rear bumper still has the magic marker on it under the plate.

It's something you can drive daily and a pleasure to drive. Has 97k on it but it's super clean in and out with an easy 40-50k appearence. Has some tasteful mods, most were done around 90k and ran a 12.03 last time at the track. I have most original parts for the car including the Goodyear Gatorbacks that only have 16k on them.

I bought it in CA for a good deal and had it shipped back here. I'm just looking to get an honest buck for it. I'll keep you guys posted as to when it goes on.

-Chris

Thanks. I couldn't pass it up when I bought it - was the lowest # I had seen for sale since I was looking. The only other lower # in the registry so far is #10 I think.

Wish I could keep it, but I just bought a house and a Z06. I also have an older vette, so 1 toy's gotta go. I got it in my buddies garage right now and I can't keep it there forever.

It will be up for sale again soon...

-C

Eh, C5 and C6 'Vettes are everwhere, I can't drive two miles here without seeing one. C-4's aren't so common, especially nice ones, a lot of them here are failry beat-up - make good track cars if I could find one for cheap... C-3's and older are virtually non-existant. Older, how much older?

My older vette is a 48k original mile '64 365hp coupe, riverside red with black leather and knock-offs.

My '03 Z06 is a nice low mile example [6k]. Black with mod-red int.

-C

My wife doesn't agree with that statement!!! Now she watches me when I'm on Ebay.:cool:

It sounds like a good deal to me. I bought mine with 10,000 mile from the origional owner in 1997 for $15000. I sold it to a friend of my fathers in 1999 with 17,000 miles for $15000. I bought it back with 18,000 miles in 2001 for $12,000 but had to put a spoiler on it and get the wheels refinished. I'd never sell it for that anymore. I screwed up selling it once, won't do that again!

I was surprised the AC compressor was changed. I thought he listed some other little things wrong with it as well. I would expect a 1200 mile car to be near perfect. Read his ad, I thought he stated the minor things wrong with it. I forgot what he posted the first time he listed it. But I think the minor issues hurt his sell price. Maybe a good time to lowball him???? :biggrin: