You can type here any text you want

Florida Turnpike

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ChrisCairns

We will be travelling from BG down to Miami, FL this year after BG. Straight down I-75 through Ga, then into FL.

I've been looking at my map and I "think" the Florida Turnpike might be a toll road.

Can anyone confirm this...and if so what is the toll price, or is it so much per mile travelled?

Thanks.

Thanks. I did Google it and got some old crap. Google never showed Wikipedia and I never thought of it.

Question answered, thanks again.

Its a set rate as compared to miles traveled. Its the way to go if you're coming down 75 although once you reach the Ft. Pierce area it starts to drag down and look like I-95. I think the last time I took a trailer from Orlando to Miami and back I had spent a little under $20 total for tolls.

$20 doesn't seem bad for that distance.

After looking at Wikipedia and hovering over my Streets and Maps program, I've decided to come down 75 from GA, switch to the Turnpike where it begins near Wildwood, stay around Ft Pierce, then continue down 95 for a little more touristy feel instead of the rush rush rush feel of the Turnpike. I'd really like to drive down the coast (Hwy 1) from Ft Pierce but methinks it would be like a full-of-traffic side road therefore super slow. Our final destination is the Parking Garage ($15.00 per day, ouch.) at the Port of Miami.

This will be our first trip driving through Florida ... does my route seem OK from a whizzing by in a car perspective? We won't have time going (or returing once the cruise is over) to stop and enjoy what all Florida offers to tourists so all we'll get is the driving experience.

Thanks for replying.

hehehe......i knew you would be going on another cruise!!!!! came back worked a week and booked another trip..........i will say it was real cold in your neck of the woods on sunday as i flew by

stop the press's!!!!! you coming to bowing green? i'll beleive it when i see it!:biggrin:

$20 doesn't seem bad for that distance.

I'd really like to drive down the coast (Hwy 1) from Ft Pierce but methinks it would be like a full-of-traffic side road therefore super slow. Our final destination is the Parking Garage ($15.00 per day, ouch.) at the Port of Miami.

This will be our first trip driving through Florida ... does my route seem OK from a whizzing by in a car perspective? We won't have time going (or returing once the cruise is over) to stop and enjoy what all Florida offers to tourists so all we'll get is the driving experience.

Thanks for replying.

Yes thats some slow driving on US 1. If you decide to come a little further north on 95 let me know;)

stop the press's!!!!! you coming to bowing green? i'll beleive it when i see it!:biggrin:

You whippersnapper, (I don't know what a whippersnapper is, but we old turds are allowed to call you that) I'll kick your butt for disrespecting me. I miss one year and what do I get?

I'll kick your butt just out of sheer annoyance. Or maybe because I want to...perhaps because I CAN.

(Sadly though, we'll only be there on Tuesday and Wednesday.)

SO SHOW UP FOR YOUR BUTTKICKING. :mad: :mad: :mad: And if you don't show up, I'll let everyone know you're a poopyhead.

hehehe......i knew you would be going on another cruise!!!!! came back worked a week and booked another trip..........i will say it was real cold in your neck of the woods on sunday as i flew by

I worked a week?? Damn, I knew I was tired for some reason.

And you flew by without stopping in? Or do you literally mean, you flew by, as in an airyplane?

Yes thats some slow driving on US 1. If you decide to come a little further north on 95 let me know;)

I'd like to stop by and see you Louie, just to point out that your new engine has too many pistons in it, :smile: but we have to make some time on the way back. Ship returns on the 26th, my wench must be back at work on the 31st so we have 4 1/2 days to drive 3200 miles.

well i might have been considered an airplane as fast as i was driving:wink: we didnt have time .....i was trying to get home @ a reasonable hour sunday and the wife wanted to go the long way.....besides i missed my kid!!!!!

Back