FM 7144MA mains beware..

Steve V

Steve V's Automotive 757 560 2782
I have a set of the Federal Mogul mains .020 and the notch that centers the rear main lower bearing(in the cap) is offset. It is offset to the wrong side and the bearing hangs off the cap:eek: . I got another set like this today,EXACTLY the same thing.The other 7 halfs fit perfect. The date stamp is 05-06 number 3113AA L,there must be a whole bunch in parts houses all over the US:rolleyes: Nothing is going smooth in this build.

Billy A. suggested filing off the tab and centering it how I want,but I have never done this before and am wondering what else this may screw up.

Same issue here...

Hello - I own a 2002 GP GTP and am also doing a rebuild. I have run into the same problem with these bearings. I had O'Reilly pull in every set they could - and they all had the same issue. One thing I noticed in your post was the part number - 3113AA L - same as stamped on mine, except mine are standard - not .020. FWIW...:confused:

Anyone else had this issue?

TIA - Swash

I ended up filling off that tab and have had no issue after 1,000 miles so far. FM need to know about this! I like there bearings,but they must be correct.

:mad: Same problem here, and same part numbers. I replaced a few (not perfect) bearings after I blew a Felpro HG. It started making metal right away. Ended up droping the oil pan again, taking all the main and rod bearings out, cleaning everything out with carb cleaner, and puting the old (10,000 Mi.) bearings back in. It's been 200 mi. and, so far-so good! I hope I dont kill my new turbo or cam bearings.

What was the MFG date. Mine were 5/2006. I ordered a standard set they were a different date and they were correct.

bearings

short block is already to go!i dont know the numbers or dates manufactured!