? for those who have converted to hyd. boost

LOT

Since you are using an 87 power steering pump (not an 85) to feed pressure to the hyd. boost, has anyone ever checked (or even thought of it) to see what the pressure is to the wheels as compare to what it was before (powemaster)? I know the main thing is it works but I am chasing a problem and @ this point I am grasping for straws

what i have heard is 1800psi. if you pm turbonut85 he can answer all youre questions. hes very good with the hydroboost setup he helped me a ton.

1800 psi

That sound right
Scott--front brake drag--can't seem to get the pistons to pull back.

check the length of the brake pushrods- the one from the pedal to the booster and the one between the booster and master cylinder. actually, i don't know if there is one between the booster and master, but it's worth looking at....
start by unhooking the pushrod on the pedal to see if it releases the pressure. if not, then loosen the master cylinder from the booster and see if the pressure releases. if that doesn't work, then work your way down thru the brake lines. start at the master cylinder and unhook each fitting until the pressure releases- it might be something as simple as a pinched hardline or bad flexible line.

Thanks for your reply, BUT

check the length of the brake pushrods- the one from the pedal to the booster and the one between the booster and master cylinder. actually, i don't know if there is one between the booster and master, but it's worth looking at....
start by unhooking the pushrod on the pedal to see if it releases the pressure. if not, then loosen the master cylinder from the booster and see if the pressure releases. if that doesn't work, then work your way down thru the brake lines. start at the master cylinder and unhook each fitting until the pressure releases- it might be something as simple as a pinched hardline or bad flexible line.

I have done that--even disconnected the flex line from hard line @ frame--still does not free up. I have an earlier thread specific to this problem.

I have done that--even disconnected the flex line from hard line @ frame--still does not free up. I have an earlier thread specific to this problem.

...this tells me that you have a caliper sticking.............

not exactly

...this tells me that you have a caliper sticking.............

They are not stuck. But it seem as all four ddo not retract enough to free the wheel. I even measured the pads and they are exactly the same thickness from one end to the other. Both pads. Both wheels have the same amount of drag. If pads were uneven or just one wheel, then I would agree that one caliper is stuck or binding. Unless I'm missing something. Thanks for your reply.---Lee