You can type here any text you want

For those with aftermarket Boost gages????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kyle F

Addicted to Boost
Does you aftermarket Boost gage show higher or lower than your in dash factory unit. Which Responds faster, and which do you find more reliable?

My factory gauge read 2psi more than an aftermarket boost gauge. It was taped to the windshield when checking it out. I would trust that more than the factory gauge.

Funny, my stock gage shows less, but maybe thats because its so much slower to respond?

You cannot compare a mechanical guage vs an electric.

The mechanical guage will always be more accurate. Tho an electric can be really close.

Hard to say, I never see the factory one as it is in a bad location and too small to read quickly. My AutoMeter one is mounted just below the dash covering the left A/C vent so they are way too far apart to compare readings.

Mine is tapped to the doghouse and reads exactly what the factory gauge reads.HTH

Bo

I think my stock gage is just slower to respond so when I look down it might be a pound or 2 behind.

Havent had a chance to hold it open for an extend period of time on a straight stretch where I could get to where the boost is steady and have enough time to look at both gages.

Plus we all know how reliable the factory temp, Oil, and fuel gages are.

Dunno.. my stock boost guage stops working after 21 PSI.. I guess I only run 21 PSI

Maybe 22 :D

Originally posted by Razor
Dunno.. my stock boost guage stops working after 21 PSI.. I guess I only run 21 PSI

Maybe 22 :D

Well, I guess if thats what the gage sayes, then that must be right.

:D

My factory gauge is about 4-5 pounds lower, I suspected it was because I could hear the turbo whistle and the gauge was still reading 0. My a-pillar is an electric one still, but responds very fast, it wasn't an issue of how fast the factory one was responding because I could hold a constant 10# of boost for 10 or so seconds and it would never catch up.
Here a pic of my Westache electr, and is programmed for the little red light in the bottom corner to come on at 18# it can be adjusted as to when it comes on.
http://hometown.aol.com/onebadwskier/images/ttagauges.jpg

Yea, as I thohgt, different people have different experiences. Just proves why you should go with a qaulity aftermarket gage when you need good information while pushing the limits.

Back