fouled out

whitecar

let me start by saying i am a dfi rookie.
i am running accel dfi version 6.0, with 51lb injectors and a t-72 turbo. i am having some serious fuel problems. i have the pressure set at 48lb's and i am fouling plugs in 20-30 seconds. my base pulse width is reading 3.26-3.39 and my o2 volts are reading .806
any help would be greatly appreciated.
mike

I had a similar problem with my speedpro when I first started it.
My problem was a bad(new) map sensor. On my system (1 bar map sensor) my ecu should read 100 - 104 with the ignition on engine not running. I was getting 25. the engine was reading WOT and dumping fuel. I would get about 60 - 90 seconds out of a set of plugs.
I don't know much about turbos other than that you need to be running a 2 or 3 bar map sensor depending on your boost. But the situation sounds real similar to mine.
Good luck.
Hope this helps.

thanks for the reply 55belair,
my settings show it set up for a 3 bar map, but i am not sure if its connected properly or working properly. i need some sort of diagram showing how everything is installed and connected.

When you turn your key on, but don't start the car, what reading does you Map sensor show?
Is is anywhere around that 100 number?
On the speedpro, it shows up on the Dashboard.
I would assume that DFI has something similar.
Another thing I noticed was that on the second new MAP I bought, there was a plastic insert in the connector(like a spacer) that would not allow the plug to seat in the connector until it was removed.

I had a similar problem. I actually screwed up making my wiring harness and powered the MAP sensor backwards. It instantly destroyed the MAP sensor, it was stuck on max kPa, and I lost a set of plugs in about 2 minutes. Speed Pro, DFI, Motec, it doesn't matter; the MAP sensor should read app. 100 kPa with the engine off and ignition on. Excellent point and well worth looking into, I say.

Originally posted by whitecar
let me start by saying i am a dfi rookie.
i am running accel dfi version 6.0, with 51lb injectors and a t-72 turbo. i am having some serious fuel problems. i have the pressure set at 48lb's and i am fouling plugs in 20-30 seconds. my base pulse width is reading 3.26-3.39 and my o2 volts are reading .806
any help would be greatly appreciated.
mike

I'm running 55s, at 38 PSI, and 3.2 msec pulses at idle in SEFI.
OEM O2 sensors are a joke, for other then figuring out 14.7.

on the base fuel map. the cell that is highlighted when the ignition is on but not running is 23. the cell that should be highlighted should be 100??

where is a good place to get a 3 bar map sensor?
thanks again for the help.