You can type here any text you want

Found 7 1989 TTA PF1218 Oil filters in the trunk!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

coolguywalt

Just like it says, all in the old, 1989 lettering and box. Anyone have a general idea of what they might be worth to an avid TTA collector? They were in a case from GM. Just picked up my TTA tonight and figured someone here might know how much they are worth, as far as nostalgia.

Probably around $5 each, you can still get these at any auto store. AC PF1218...the same size goes on my boat too.

Those are not avalible any more as they are in the old box listing the applications (one being the TTA), so a bit more then the $5 (I even remember getting the PF1218 for $2.99 not too long ago).

I've bought a couple in the old boxes for $10 - 15 USD just for fun.

Also the original AC Delco airfilters for our cars listed the VIN 7 application, same thing only on the old boxes.

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
Probably around $5 each, you can still get these at any auto store. AC PF1218...the same size goes on my boat too.

Sorry, but what coolguywalt is talking about is the "special filter" for the TTA that has the text on the box:

20th Anniversary Trans Am with the Buick 3.8L Turbo Engine.

And yes, it's the PF 1218 filter but the 20th anniversary boxes is starting to get rare.

I have seen them go for as much as $25 in ebay.

Guess I've never seen the ones with 20th Anniversary TA on them.
I just bought a regular AC PF1218 2 days ago.

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
Guess I've never seen the ones with 20th Anniversary TA on them.
I just bought a regular AC PF1218 2 days ago.

Hey Rob,

Wanna get a rare part?

I have one for you right here for $25!;)

I thought you put that old filter on the TTA when you sold it :-)

I'll have it next time I'm in Sweden, think the pound will be strong enough then ... lets see $24 USD must be around £1.50 next time I'm over there :-)

Jan,

Youre more than welcome to place a bid on all the remaing TTA stuff like T-shirt,jacket, belt buckle and all you know....:cool:

Originally posted by The Swede
Hey Rob,

Wanna get a rare part?

I have one for you right here for $25!;)
Naa, that last rare parts I bought my dogs ended up using as chew toys...the 20th Anniversary Plug Wires :)

Originally posted by Jan Larsson
Half way down on this page (http://la.rsson.com/tta1078/memorabilia/memorabiliatta.html) you will find a picture of the "old" box and next to it the filter ....
Well that blows my mind that was printed on the filter box, my '94 Silverado also originally used this same filter, PF1218 in the original TBI motor it had, manual calls for it too, same as my 350 GM Mercruiser motor in my boat. I try to keep several filters on hand for each of my vehicles, I'll check on the couple I have and see if thats printed on them.

Hi Uffe!
Get a list together with prices, and sent me a copy!:D
I may just want some of the good stuff you got!
Long time no hear from!
Hi Jan!

George:cool:

Is anyone really interested in them? I only want like 3 or so, so I guess that I have like 4 left to sell.

George, with the dollar exchange rate at the moment Uffe's parts will be toooooo expensive for you :D I'll better have them instead :cool:

Originally posted by mr.turbota
Hi Uffe!
Get a list together with prices, and sent me a copy!:D
I may just want some of the good stuff you got!
Long time no hear from!
Hi Jan!

George:cool:

Hi there George!

Good to hear from you as well!

As Jan said i can't sell anything back to USA for the moment..... the US dollar is approx. worth the half to the Swedish krona for the moment.

Ex: I bought a belt buckle 3 years ago for $50, to get the money back i must have $100 for it.

/ Sidenote: The import to Sweden from USA has never been so big as it is for the moment!

Back