Found a GNX - Im torn!! Need Advice

I've been fighting with te wife on this for months. I'm buying her a brand new home and therefor I am getting a GNX with our equity. She hasn't budged much, insisting that it is an exorbitant amount of money to spend on a car I'll ever so rarely drive. Here's my take on wives: f***-em. Get your car and love it knowing that you'll always be able to get your money back out of it.

P.S.: Pics or STFU!

Sylvan

Your cold hearted dude:eek:

My wife would own 3/4 of everything I owned plus her new husband would be driving my TTA if I treated her that way:D

Re: Sylvan

Originally posted by JOHNDEEREGN
Your cold hearted dude:eek:

My wife would own 3/4 of everything I owned plus her new husband would be driving my TTA if I treated her that way:D
lol! I'm a b!tch on every other issue.....when it comes to Buicks, I put my friggin' foot down.

I seriously would use the 'investment' angle with any matrimonial dispute over this issue. Whenever I'm making the sales pitch with my wife, I paint her a picture of me dead, the GNX sold and our daughter funding her college with the cash.....it is at that moment that my wife's eyes almost betray a modicum of understanding- as if the demon can be reasoned with.

The absolute first thing you need to do is decide if your hobby is building cars or playing with cars.

Second thing you need to do is figure out how much money you have to spend on it.

IMO a good quality restoration will cost you at least $30k and 5 years time if you do it all your self.

Chris S

Im thinking that ive come to the conclusion that if I get this, this is what will happen. I will pay more for this than a good condition GN so the wife will be pissed when I bring home a rough looking buick that I shelled out this money for. To add insult to injury, I will be speniding $500 here and $500 there for the next 5 years. It would consume so much of my time which would probably make her just as unhappy as the $$ issues.

I think in my situation the obvious choice for me is to get a nice GN that I can enjoy on the weekends. I dont think I could live with all the stress associated with the GNX.

Originally posted by Double Overhead
Im thinking that ive come to the conclusion that if I get this, this is what will happen. I will pay more for this than a good condition GN so the wife will be pissed when I bring home a rough looking buick that I shelled out this money for. To add insult to injury, I will be speniding $500 here and $500 there for the next 5 years. It would consume so much of my time which would probably make her just as unhappy as the $$ issues.

I think in my situation the obvious choice for me is to get a nice GN that I can enjoy on the weekends. I dont think I could live with all the stress associated with the GNX.

You made the right decision!:D Now grab that nice GN before it is gone. You can always clone that GN into a GNX little by little as you can afford it and have the best of both worlds.

Would still like to see pics of that used up GNX though.:)

Originally posted by Double Overhead

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah-ha:
Decided that you don't want the dog sleeping in your bed and you in his, huh?
J/K

WTF???

If I had a chance to get a GNX cheap and the wife got in the way, Id take her to the pig farm!!!! I agree with Sylvan, you can always make some bucks off the car (just make sure its not a rust bucket like i got stuck with) You can always get another wife.:D

Buy the GNX?

I think you made a wise choice! You will spend way too much on the resto and still have a 100k car and a pissed off wife. The car will need about 40% more money spent on it then you think. Good luck!

FWIW & IMHO:
Cars can't hire divorce attorneys. Wives, ex-wives, spouses and ex-spouses can and do. Very simple math here.

If you buy a car and your family is deprived of their needs..thats one thing, but if your wife is non supportive to something you have a great desire for..thats weak.

If noone else is allowed to buy it..I will. My wife's cool. :)

Email the info or wear the car is I HAVE NO wife so I do what I want with my money and that car would look gould next to my race car.
Thanks richie
919-771-2269

Re: WTF???

Originally posted by blackbird
) You can always get another wife.:D

NO ya won't !!!! You will be broke and sleeping in a car . Old wife will beap as she drives by ya in her new M SL Roadster :rolleyes:

Here is the latest update. I talked to the owner last night on the phone and told him I was not going to purchase it. He is set on his price. He told me he would not sell it for less than $20K. He even talked about maybe keeping it and fixing it up. I did not get the pictures because I dont plan on purchasing it anymore. I may be able to snap I few if I can drive by this weekend.

The owner told me to let him know if anyone else was interested in it. I have had several PM's reference the contact information of the seller and I am sure a lot of people are interested. I need to contact him and find out what info he would like me to give out. If this sounds fair what I will do is go ahead and post a new thread in the for Cars for Sale with the contact information once I get it. That way everyone gets a fair shot at the car.

If anyone else has any other suggestions of a fair way to post it, let me know.

Thats up to the seller. I have no idea what he wants to do. Or do you mean I should sell his contact info on EBAY. :eek: Just Kidding

I like Ebay but I also like that fact that someone on Turbo Buick would become the the owner and we could see this car and project. Otherwise it would be another EBAY GNX that would vanish and never be seen or heard from again. Anyways I have no control over that I just hope it finds a good home.

I am going to post a thread right now with his Email Info - Good Luck Fellas - Hope somoene who really wants it, gets it.

Sounds like another one of those cars that will slowly but surely rot away until they are totally worthless and beyond restoration .:rolleyes:

What really is sickening is the sweet GNX my insurance agent bought a few years ago for 22k with only 7500 miles!