You can type here any text you want

found my bottom end noise

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PHANTASM

POWERED BY POVERTY
i recently purchased a running 87 limited. it had an intermittent clattering noise when running. had 70lbs oil press cold and 20-25lbs hot.
when i picked up the car and started it it was knocking pretty bad.

pulled the engine and found the crank broke in 2.

i will post pics of the carnage.

do you think the rods are ok to reuse? i will get them checked out.

If it were my engine, and had been beat on hard enuf to break the crank, the rods would be suspect, and on the way out......

I agree with Chuck on that one, for sure. Look into forged parts. The price is very reasonable these days. But if stock is all you want then parts will be very cheap.

well it looks like the block is junk. spun the thrust hard. too bad as it was a std bore block.

guy before had a thumbwheel chip with 36lb ers and no other supporting stuff
well have to see if my remaining block is good.'
i have some left over parts so it will cost some more coin.

pretty bummed. these cars are like a drug. i have 2 other turbo mustangs but still love these cars.
my wife says i am crazy for all the cars i have but hey i could be drinking my money away.lol
at least the kid will have money if something happens to me.;)

well it looks like the block is junk. spun the thrust hard. too bad as it was a std bore block.

guy before had a thumbwheel chip with 36lb ers and no other supporting stuff
well have to see if my remaining block is good.'
i have some left over parts so it will cost some more coin.

pretty bummed. these cars are like a drug. i have 2 other turbo mustangs but still love these cars.
my wife says i am crazy for all the cars i have but hey i could be drinking my money away.lol
at least the kid will have money if something happens to me.;)

Sorry to hear about your luck.

Back