You can type here any text you want

Found the motor and many other parts!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
In my life experiences... insurance companies & lawyers are LEGAL THIVES !!!!! :mad:

Someone asked me once.... what is the difference between a lawyer and a catfish? I said.... what?

They said one is a low life ...scum sucking....bottom feeding .... so and so.... and the other is a fish.

;)

ohhhh I wanted to so so badd.:mad:
I would have probably been in jail right know . You must be pretty melow. good job . the best part is that you know were they live. And you know what they say. what go's around comes around. You should go visit them in jail and give them some lipstick.ha! ha! ha!:biggrin:

well today the insurance compant tells me that I will have to buy the parts back VIA from a auction. They will be picking up the parts and sending them to an auction. I would have to have a licence to purchase it from the auction. If you ask me I think its a bunch of crap. If I didnt go out of my way to try to locate parts or the car itself they would never of recovered anything and now they dont want to give me the chance of just buying it back from them.

It's at this point that I'd start to get into trouble. Does that insurance company have any idea what half this stuff looks like? Give'em a bunch of garbage & let'em stick it up their buttocks when nobody bids on it.

Do not accept that crap from the insurance company.

well THEY own it ... he has been paid off .. some ins com won't let you buy them back .. what salvage center is it goin ??? what are the parts worth ?? it does totaly suck:mad:

Not sure of the salvage station yet, the parts are worth quite a bit as the engine is fully built with JE slugs, steel mains, comp cam 212-212, race ported irons, ported intake, 62 tb, THDP, Strech IC, te-61 turbo,and much more. Tranny is a fully built with a brake

well today the insurance compant tells me that I will have to buy the parts back VIA from a auction. They will be picking up the parts and sending them to an auction. I would have to have a licence to purchase it from the auction. If you ask me I think its a bunch of crap. If I didnt go out of my way to try to locate parts or the car itself they would never of recovered anything and now they dont want to give me the chance of just buying it back from them.

Have your lawyer send them a bill for your time. It may not be what you want but it will get some of your $ back.
I deal with insurance companies all the time. Also storage fees of the parts if you did store them. Gas & hauling fees as well.

"mark ace"
In my life experiences... insurance companies & lawyers are LEGAL THIVES !!!!!
The truth will set you free. LOL

I had an employees car get rear ended & sat here for 30+ days stored. They asked me to make a salvage offer I did.They told me I was low.No problem We will be sending you towing & storage fees with in the next 10 days.:eek:
The only reason I did this was so my employee could buy the car back which they alowed him to do.

After I found the parts the Police had a ramp truck (misc tow company) come and take all the stuff to the police impond yard at the station. I covered all the stuff up to keep from the weather. Some of the stuff that was recover was stuff I had in the trunk of the car. My weld pro stars on slicks, misc spare parts, ect ect. I told the ins co. this is my stuff and not thiers so I want all this back at no fee. what remains is the engine tranny downpipe, intercooler, radiator,fan, ecu, driveshaft, exhaust system, tranny and oil cooler, intake pipe, up-pipe w/ new maf,

I dont think a salvage yard is going to give the ins co. much for a pile of parts! That they have no idea of their condition.

I hate the paper work BS. I would have hit someone by now. Thats your stuff. 8 grand for all that and the car? I wouldnt have taken the money and just had the motor and tranny and the other stuff. Worth well over 8 grand.

I got 10k for the car. The est parts value I and the police came up with was
8k based on values if I had this stuff built by somone else.

when my other car got broken into first thing i did was look online and craigslist ...some thieves are so stupid and think the owner is not going to look for there stuff

what i would do , is maybe toss the guy at the towing company a few hundred bucks to let you take some stuff and just replace it with junk stuff

also how did the insurance company find out that you had found the parts ? did the police call them ?

Maybe you can go to the auction, bring as many bodies as you can to squeeze out potential buyers and surround the stuff so nobody can see whats being bidded on..Tell potential bidders the stuff is junk or make a copy of this thread and hand it out..If I go to an auction, and someone tells me the motor knocks or the trans is broke ,I'll listen and it WILL effect my bidding...Its worth a shot..

Maybe you can go to the auction, bring as many bodies as you can to squeeze out potential buyers and surround the stuff so nobody can see whats being bidded on..Tell potential bidders the stuff is junk or make a copy of this thread and hand it out..If I go to an auction, and someone tells me the motor knocks or the trans is broke ,I'll listen and it WILL effect my bidding...Its worth a shot..

story's don't mean squat to most buyer's ... they are bidding on it to MAKE $$$$ ... they don't care what the ins co paid off...not thier problem .. they are lookin for a deal to make $$$ NOT to break even :eek: another thing to remember ... it may be broken already ... thieves are not out for a sunday ride !!!

Talked to insurance co. today. Actually the VP and I am getting everything back for a fair value. So soon enough I will be back in buisness.

Its assumed it was crushed. This is what I was told by the local police. I think its bull sh!t

Talked to insurance co. today. Actually the VP and I am getting everything back for a fair value. So soon enough I will be back in buisness.

That's great. Do you have another rolling chassis? .... or are you just going to get a N/A car and convert it?

Back