You can type here any text you want

FOund these new style suspension braces

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cutluse231

Found these different style of suspension braces for a G-body, also aluminum Body mounts

180100.jpg

180100-4.jpg

190100.jpg

any body ever seen these setups before? I at least want the upper brace for the upper control arms for the rear, dunno about the body mounts.

They can be found here
TNT

Found these different style of suspension braces for a G-body, also aluminum Body mounts

180100.jpg

180100-4.jpg

190100.jpg

any body ever seen these setups before? I at least want the upper brace for the upper control arms for the rear, dunno about the body mounts.

They can be found here
TNT
It says these need to be welded but the pic shows it bolted it.:confused:

They can be found here...

TNT

the brackets.. #180101 are $74.99

the aluminum Body Mount kit#190100 are $174.99
new bolts(hardware) #190180 are $19.99

The guy Who runs/owns the shop is off the Maliburacing.com website, he's known as 5DOOR, runs a wicked wheelie pulling Malibu station wagon.

They ( the people on that forum) really stand behind his products.

Hope this helps

Whats your thoughts on those aluminum body mounts?

Could one run those on a street car with no issues?

My plan is to eventually get mine to a Pro-Touring style chassis set up, and still be able to drive it "daily".

Pros & Cons?

Thanks

Whats your thoughts on those aluminum body mounts?

Could one run those on a street car with no issues?

My plan is to eventually get mine to a Pro-Touring style chassis set up, and still be able to drive it "daily".

Pros & Cons?

Thanks

The aluminum/solid body mounts will be real rough on the street...meaning you will feel every single vibration in the chassis, if you like a comfotable ride your probably not going to like the results. For a all out race car they really help to firm up the chassis. Some people can take it and some can't...you here some guys complain about poly motor mounts adding vibration...these will be much worse. Just my opinion but for a Pro-Touring driver I would go poly mounts over the solid aluminum if I were you.

hth,

if you properly build the suspension, why would solid body mounts make the ride any worse than a unibody car with subframe connectors?
i do know that the solid body mounts i had in my Nova made the car less creaky and about 10X more stable.

HR PARTSNSTUFF was designing some upper braces for g-bodys.I dont know if they ever completed them. I looked on their website and they have apart #0252 but no pic or price says to call them.If they are like their other products they are top notch

if you properly build the suspension, why would solid body mounts make the ride any worse than a unibody car with subframe connectors?
i do know that the solid body mounts i had in my Nova made the car less creaky and about 10X more stable.

As I said...lots of guys installed HR poly motor mounts only to take them back out due to the vibrations. HR even produced a softer compound for those that didn't like the vibrations. I run the HR red ploy motor mounts on my TTA and yeah it vibrates a lot but my motor doesn't move around anymore either so therefor they did their job and I'm very happy but some would rather have the rubber mounts and a tie-down strap...personal preference.

he is talking about a Pro-Touring driver/street car not a all out race car. It has nothing to do with properly building the suspension...it has to do with replacing rubber body mounts with solid aluminum mounts...rubber is there to absorb the vibration...solid aluminum will couple and transmit the vibrations throughout. Like I said some don't mind the vibrations because of the return in chassis improvement but some it will drive crazy. I had a '68 Firebird with subframe connectors...yes they stiffen the car up but didn't really add vibrations since the unibody frame is mounted to the body with rubber mounts. I added Moroso solid aluminum mounts and the car was definitely more stable but it also vibrated but I didn't care...then again it wasn't a daily driver either. I think for a daily driver and not a track car the combination of tubular control arms (front and rear), progressive springs, good shocks, upgraded sway bars and mounts with poly mounts and bushings would be more practical for the street if you want to retain a little comfort and improve on chassis firmness and handling. It will be firm, responsive, carve the corners and not be a vibrating rattle box. If you want to go real fast and comfort isn't a concern do it all...might as well add a cage too :cool:

-Scott

Back