You can type here any text you want

four link suspension and ford 9 inch

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

karolko

so i am locked up in northern canada working, and it has given me way too much time to read on turbobuick.com.

i currently own a 10.6 second gn and it has a factory read end in her. no c clip's no nothing, so it got me thinking...

instead of welding on ford flanges, getting different axles, and carriers,i i tought about starting off with the ford 9".

now, i would like to tackle this by myself, so i will be doing all the fab work but here is my question,

is it worth it to build a true four link suspension setup onto the ford 9, or should i just duplicate the original suspension setup on the gn's.

also, i plan on sending this car into the nine's and possibly with a tranny break in the future, so stout it must be.

any suggestions or ideas??? i need someone to convince me of something.

Thank You

Adrian

you can buy a bolt in 9" housing with axles and bearings for something like $600 brand new from any place that sells chassis parts for "metric" stock car chassis.
for around $1000, you can get the same rearend housing used in the NASCAR Grand National and Nextel Cup cars- full floater flanges with slide in axles and disc brakes- and have a circle track chassis shop weld on the "metric" suspension mounting brackets.
no matter which way you go, you will need to build a "pumpkin" for it- which can easily be another $1000 if you use good parts, or a couple hundred if you scrounge junkyard parts out of a pickup or something.

I just priced out a Moser 9" for mine. With 35 spined axles, disc brakes, center section with spool and 4.30 gears it was $2,700.CND from Mopac. Going direct may be a little cheaper.

when i went on the moser website, they have this great torque calculator and with even 700lbs ft or torque their calculator says that you can easily run 31 slpine axles and not fear breaking anything.

so idont know why everyone is hyping about 35 splines.

cragger are you in calgary?

when i went on the moser website, they have this great torque calculator and with even 700lbs ft or torque their calculator says that you can easily run 31 slpine axles and not fear breaking anything.

so idont know why everyone is hyping about 35 splines.

cragger are you in calgary?

Edmonton, and the main reason for 35 splines is that it's the same price. Nothing wrong with over kill.

Back