Frame complete...

Thanks, I guess I can still do that. It’s not like you be able to see it anyways right. I mean I’ll damage the powder coat but I rather be safe. How thick is the plate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let me clarify something so there's no confusion.

I my post/picture I was pointing out what Mike was saying about reinforcing the the shock/strut mount. I agree that it can be ripped out with continuous hard launches. And, if the frame is off then definitely reinforce them. In that picture I hadn't done it yet.

The tubular bars that you see welded in place were there to help keep the back of the frame from twisting under hard launch. Unfortunately, I had to remove them because I have an air ride/suspension and as a result was unable to fully lower the car with them in place.

The plates I had welded on covering the top of the spring mounts were done so if/when I wanted to put in a roll bar/cage. Will make it easier to mount an a flat piece of steel.

Sorry for any confusion....

I my post/picture I was pointing out what Mike was saying about reinforcing the the shock/strut mount. I agree that it can be ripped out with continuous hard launches. And, if the frame is off then definitely reinforce them. In that picture I hadn't done it yet.

The tubular bars that you see welded in place were there to help keep the back of the frame from twisting under hard launch. Unfortunately, I had to remove them because I have an air ride/suspension and as a result was unable to fully lower the car with them in place.

The plates I had welded on covering the top of the spring mounts were done so if/when I wanted to put in a roll bar/cage. Will make it easier to mount an a flat piece of steel.

Thanks for clarifying

Good point Chris. To further that, if you don't have the option of having the frame removed from the body, another angle of reinforcement is from the underside of that area. You can weld in some thick gauge metal (triangular pieces) That are welded to both the frame and the strut tower which will also prevent the upper perch from coming apart after some hard launches.

Good point Chris. To further that, if you don't have the option of having the frame removed from the body, another angle of reinforcement is from the underside of that area. You can weld in some thick gauge metal (triangular pieces) That are welded to both the frame and the strut tower which will also prevent the upper perch from coming apart after some hard launches.

Well the nice part right now my body is off. The bad part is the frame has been powder coated already

04c0e3431b092dd212745d1a2e55ccdb.jpg

Well the nice part right now my body is off. The bad part is the frame has been powder coated already

04c0e3431b092dd212745d1a2e55ccdb.jpg

I hear ya on the nice clean powder coat, but you'll never see it and the benefits, like Mike pointed out, are huge. Tear a shock mount out from launching the car and come back and tell us how you feel. Rest assured you won't be happy.