You can type here any text you want

Free Calipers???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rampage

Last weekend I had to replace the front drivers side brake hard line. While I was doing this I decided to also replace the flex hoses and throw on some new pads. When I was done I started to bleed them and the bleed port was rounded off and when I put the vise grip on I broke off the tip. So, I went to Autozone to get a replacement valve. There were $10 bucks for 2, but they had a bunch of different sizes, I went to the counter and the guy looked it up and came back with the replacement caliper so we could size them up. As he was doing this I happen to glance at the computer screen and noticed they were $9 bucks with a $11 core charge. OK??? Needless to say I bought the calipers which came with new bleed ports but I'm still trying to figure out why Autozone was paying me to buy them. Computer error? or is this how they do things? If anybody can give me insight, it would be appreciated...

Sounds like an error to me. Even a $9 caliper is a steal. Negative $2 is even better!

the "core charge" is what they pay you for your old calipers, so they can be rebuilt and sold to the next guy.
so, with the $11 core charge, you should have paid $20 for each caliper if you didn't give them your old ones.
if they paid you $2 to take the calipers from them, they screwed up.

Thats all stuff reman'd over seas. I buy rear wheel cylinders for my Roadmaster at $5 a pop. And those are brand new! It might be a wrong price. Remember the $45 cam sensors? Once they caught on than the price was adjusted.

For future reference. The bleed valves have a M10X1.5 thread. Hence the term "Metric" caliper.

Thats all stuff reman'd over seas. I buy rear wheel cylinders for my Roadmaster at $5 a pop. And those are brand new! It might be a wrong price. Remember the $45 cam sensors? Once they caught on than the price was adjusted.

For future reference. The bleed valves have a M10X1.5 thread. Hence the term "Metric" caliper.
actually, they are called a "metric caliper" because they started using them on the all new for 1978 A and G body cars- which quickly got the nickname "metric" from all the local racers that were trying to make race cars out of them due to their smaller size and lighter weight but weren't used to dealing with the new oddball metric hardware that held them together..

Back