Fresh AC Charge - R12

the ac in these cars are really not that good no matter what you do , they have been sub par from the start so don't stress over it that much , and you will never get what you are use to now in modern cars :sneaky:
if your getting 40 /42 degrees out of vents your doing good

Last edited:
Typical high and low side pressures are 150/35 respectively. When the compressor
stops turning,the high and low sides equalize due to internal leaks. The middle point between these 2 numbers is about 90 psi. When the compressor starts up again,the low side pressure will fall and the high side pressure will rise. Your system produces very cold air and the pressures sound right. Are you planning on screwing with it until it doesn't work as well as it does now?

It blows cold and I don’t have a noisy compressor. I have about 35 psi low and 155 high. I think it works. Time to work on other things. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the ac in these cars are really not that good no matter what you do , they have been sub par from the start so don't stress over it that much , and you will never get what you are use to now in modern cars :sneaky:
if your getting 40 /42 degrees out of vents your doing good
My AC is ice cold and much better than on my 2015 Golf, even when it was brand new. Better than my wife's GTI and better than my BMW. I converted to 134 years ago.

i guess mine is just not that great then , probably multiple leaks in plumbing under the dash , it blows 40 but just doesn't seem strong or do a great job, my 02 camry is has the best ac ive ever had in any vehicle ive ever owned, and my dodge ram kicks butt too ,

i guess mine is just not that great then , probably multiple leaks in plumbing under the dash , it blows 40 but just doesn't seem strong or do a great job, my 02 camry is has the best ac ive ever had in any vehicle ive ever owned, and my dodge ram kicks butt too ,

Just to update anyone following this thread. Just went for a long ride. Ac temps got down to 35. At idle, I’m at 32 psi low and about 200 psi high. No leaks. I lucked out I think. Might be a bit overfilled but man is this cold. Very happy. Now time to fix the cracked DS manifold and do some bushings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be an idiot (some ex girlfriends can confirm this) but I can't get this damn new AC pressure switch to thread right (bought from Kirban's). It came with a new o-ring that I replaced at the back side of the fitting but once I get it to that point, the o-ring starts to bind up and doesn't seat right. Any tricks I'm missing here?

try pushing it all the into the switch carefully instead of on the drier fitting