You can type here any text you want

From 50 to 80 injectors??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

qws2000

Ok so I made some changes to the car with only 600 miles on the new motor. I have on the car now a 50lb injectors and a 93/alky Reds chip. I really never liked how the car drove. The car always seemed to be so rich. I just purchesed the Turbo Tweak 6.1 chip 80lb injectors combo. I also added a RJC chrome, 70mm and the power plate.. I wanted to know what you guys thought.. The new stuff is not in the car yet. Thanks

Mine runs great. Went from 60's to 80's. Runs great. Idles great. I they also leave me room to grow. I'm glad I made the change.

Do have you make any modifications to the computer to run 80 pound injectors. I have 42s now and thought about going to 60s but I'm willing to try 80s. I plan on doing a full rebuild this winter.

6.1 needs powerlogger and a wideband ..didnt see any mention of that in your post or sig

also just so you know the 255 liter pump can only max out 60s. So if that is the pump you have the 80s wont do anything for you.

Ok so I made some changes to the car with only 600 miles on the new motor. I have on the car now a 50lb injectors and a 93/alky Reds chip. I really never liked how the car drove. The car always seemed to be so rich. I just purchesed the Turbo Tweak 6.1 chip 80lb injectors combo. I also added a RJC chrome, 70mm and the power plate.. I wanted to know what you guys thought.. The new stuff is not in the car yet. Thanks

Do you have a Scanmaster?
What MAF are you running?

A Weldon 1100 pump is what I run with my 80's. I spent over a grand upgrading the fuel supply, it's easy but can get expensive.

i went from 50's to 80's and racetronix dbl pump. car runs and drives so much better! no new track times since some upgrades yet

IMO . . . . Get the smallest injector you can get away with for the goal to achive a 70-80% DC.

I'm still running a single Walbro pump, but had to install a Kenne-Bell boost-a-pump to increase the voltage to the pump. My duty cycle is about 78% at 22 psi and 5850 RPM. It's surprising how much a single pump can do, provided it has adequate voltage.

The car did have a a scanmaster, This week I added the Reds 2xpumper and also the Wideband and powerlogger (Sniper P/L). I might attempt to put the RJC powerplate and the 70mm Accufab on myself. What is this about only handling 255?... Can I add the 6.1 TT chip now or wait till the rest of the mods are finished?

Can anyone advise how difficult it is to put in the RJC Powerplate and the 70mm Accufab? And thanx for that Ttype6

qws2000 said:
Can anyone advise how difficult it is to put in the RJC Powerplate and the 70mm Accufab? And thanx for that Ttype6

I just did a pp on a stock plenum. Piece of cake. I can't imagine an accufab would be much different if any. It's gotta be held on by the same 5 bolts as stock.

I'm still running a single Walbro pump, but had to install a Kenne-Bell boost-a-pump to increase the voltage to the pump. My duty cycle is about 78% at 22 psi and 5850 RPM. It's surprising how much a single pump can do, provided it has adequate voltage.

I run 80's with a DW 300 and BAP. Gives mine plenty of fuel. High voltage can shorten the life of the pump.

The BAP can boost voltage up to 17.5v. It comes with a dial, which I really didn't care for so I eliminated it. I measured the ohms at about the halfway setting and soldered a resistor instead. Mine outputs about 15.2v, which is what some cars run at normally anyways. The hobbs switch only kicks up the voltage under boost, so it's very short bursts. I doubt that it would shorten the life of the pump by any measurable amount. Running it at the full 17.5 for long periods, then perhaps.

Running it at the full 17.5 for long periods, then perhaps.

Pretty much what the President of DeatschWerks said today.

Finally went by their facility. Nice place with very knowlegable and friendly staff.

invest in a fuel pressure sender to log it with the powerlogger, only sure way to see what your pump is doing. The 6.1 wideband correction can give you some cushion, but a failing pump at 600+hp will have you driving over your crank.

Back