You can type here any text you want

Front Drv Side Caliper Bracket??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chicagoTTA

Crack Baby
When I posted the list of parts that can kiss my a$$, this was one of them.

Come to find out that, as careful as I *thought* I was, I cross-threaded the bolt on the drivers side bracket. I really need to fix it. But I bet I will either completely round it out or bust the bolt trying.

Here's where it REALLY starts suckin. Spohn sells the 2 brackets for $120 !!!! . Okay, I'm a retard. We've addressed this, and if you've read ANY of my threads you know it. But am I enough of a retard to charge me 120 clams for a chunck of basic steel??????? Throw rocks at me or something instead. Sheesh!

http://www.spohn.net/product.cfm?productid=1369

That said, does anyone have (or know where I can get) one of these?? Or, does ANYONE reading this work in a shop that can make these?

$120 for something SOOOOO simple to re-create is more retarded than I am for having dic*ed it up in the first place.

Or, do I need to kick my own a$$ and buy this from them? Of all the places to spend $120 clams... would have never imagined.

I make y'all laugh if nothing else. That's gotta be worth something! I usually like to be kissed before I get F-d!

HELP!

I thought about that. But figured I'd have to use a larger bolt (?) or it would have less strength than usual?

:confused:

bone yard?? local fbody shop?

If only a few threads are crossed and a good sharp tap is used it will be fine.

chicagoTTA said:
$120 for something SOOOOO simple to re-create is more retarded than I am for having dic*ed it up in the first place.

why not do them yourself if they look that simple to make :confused:

Wow. Alright then.

Obviously I'd need a shop and correct tooling to do it.

I'm quite sure you knew what I meant. It's not complex in design like a caliper or other parts/brackets would be. It's flat, not terribly intricate as far as angles/etc.

I think if one had the correct tools, or access to them, it wouldn't be all that hard. That's what I was trying to say.

But thanks for the helpful responses. :rolleyes:

One word

HELICOIL it! Stronger than the original threads, you can use the OE size or standard, cheap and you won't have to ever worry about the threads pulling out of the bracket like what WILL happen if you try tapping the existing hole.

I live, eat and breathe this stuff everyday - belive me a HELICOIL is your only solution.

You can get them at Advance I know but I don't think they have too big of a selection. Might want to try them though to check and see before searching for others.

Well, you could use what my grandmother would use to fix anything . . . BAILING WIRE . . . LOL (yes, she was from West Texas and worked at the Cotton Gin).

But I'd go with the Helicoil. I've used it on my dad's 53 GMC before, although it wasn't a "high stressed" area like a brake caliper. But I hear they'll work wonders.

Back