You can type here any text you want

front end bracing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlat

hello people; I think I have every FEB that's out there except maybe for the rods you install in the engine compartment. I do have a bigger sway bar but it's not installed. Bracing is a good thing but do you think you could go overboard where the weight of all that stuff may be not worth it? I know drag race guys take stuff out of the front end but as a street driven car that's not the way to go...IMO
What do you's think?
IBBY

hello people; I think I have every FEB that's out there except maybe for the rods you install in the engine compartment. I do have a bigger sway bar but it's not installed. Bracing is a good thing but do you think you could go overboard where the weight of all that stuff may be not worth it? I know drag race guys take stuff out of the front end but as a street driven car that's not the way to go...IMO
What do you's think?
IBBY

What braces do you have if you dont mind me asking? Im looking into getting the 3 point umi braces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The weight of the braces offsets the flex it takes out of car, my brother drags an 82 Malibu, he just started this summer, put the front braces on for him, all of them, including the fender braces, he was worried about the added weight, 2 months into the season, thanked me for installing them, said they made a huge difference in taking some flex it out of the car.
Next, new control arms, shock tower brace to take even more flex out, and aid in some traction.

What braces do you have if you dont mind me asking? Im looking into getting the 3 point umi braces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hello; To tell the truth I forget what I have but from what I remember it's the Kirban stuff and a SC & C brace. One of Kirbans parts I think I'm going to remove and it's the one made with square tubing if I remember correctly. I'll be crawling around soon and then make a decision.
IBBY

Also, on my T, I have the front 2 Kirban braces, Kirban rear seat braces, and UMI rear shock tower brace, and all I can say is, it changed the ride of my T completely, and stiffened my car up big time, and for the added weight, I'll take it, under hood fender braces going in this year too.

Also, on my T, I have the front 2 Kirban braces, Kirban rear seat braces, and UMI rear shock tower brace, and all I can say is, it changed the ride of my T completely, and stiffened my car up big time, and for the added weight, I'll take it, under hood fender braces going in this year too.
hello; Tell me how the install was putting in that rear shock tower brace. Was it a pain?
IBBY

The shock tower brace was fairly easy to install, fishing it up to the top was the only problem. I did it on jack stands in my garage, took all of about 35 minutes, took me longer to get the car up on to jack stands and back down than it took to install shock tower brace.

Back