You can type here any text you want

Front end problems????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toddbroussardco

I have been having problems lately getting my GN to track straight..Sometimes it will pull hard to the right and other times hard to the right:confused: ...Sometimes I can let go of the wheel and it tracks straight:biggrin: ... I doesn't apear that the previous owners did any front end work Any suggestions/comments??? Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!!!!!!!! Todd

Todd, you sound like you have a classic case of the "Wobbly Wheels." Try to shake the front wheels and tell us which way they wobble. Sounds like you may have bad ball joints or tie rods. Probably best to take to your local tire shop and have a front end check. That my best solution to you. If you are handy with the wrench, let them tell you whats wrong, go to the parts store and buy your parts and install them yourself. Then take it to the tire shop and have them align it for ya!

I can help

First thing you need to do is see if you have any worn out parts. Bushings, center link, ball joints, or idler arm. If it looks original its probably toast. I can help you out if you need. Are you going to do the repairs yourself? If you are thinking about bringing it to a shop then I can help you out if you dont mind driving to Lake Charles. Let me know. I have all the tools here at the house. I used to do front end work and alignments for the Firestone store here in town. ASE Master certified also. Let me know. jeremy

The first place to look: The upper control arm bushings under the downpipe get cooked and the fore/aft movement of the arms will mess with tracking/steering.

on my 25K mile GN, this Bushing is already going bad from the heat.

Back