Front License Plate that................

1987 GN

This may sound premature but I should be picking up a TTA I bought tomorrow night/early Sunday morning. In Massachusetts we need to have front plates on our cars. I read on some website a while ago that there is some bracket made for thirdgeneration Trans-Ams that attaches underneath the car so it looks like you have a front plate drilled in the fron bumper cover yet it is really attached underneath the car. Being a youn 20-something I WILL get pulled over and harassed by the police if I just put the plate in the front window. Anyone know where to get this or who makes it? Thanks.

The flip down plate is a pretty common street rod item. I would check some street rod accessory dealers, they should be able to help you. I will try to find out for you and let you know.

Or just do what I do and take the ticket with a smile! $40.00 is more than worth it to keep the drill away from my bumper!

I dont run a front plate and have never been pulled over for it.

It says in your sig that the car has 1111 miles on it? So are you planning to drive it maybe 5 times a year? Dont even bother with a front plate and if you get pulled over just have the plate in the car and tell them your waiting for the bracket to arrive from GM thats on order.

When it comes time for inspection I double side tape my plate to the front and then it pull it back off.

Front plates on these cars look LAME. I dont run a front plate on my LS1 either and never have a problem.

yeah man screw the plate. I dont run a front plate on either of my birds (i aint drilling it!!) here in NY where they are SO anal about it. Never ever been pulled over for it, but other things I have been pulled over for. I did get a plate ticket on it, but only cause I was speeding :)