Front mount intercooler

Front mount is exposed to cooler air....it is mounted in front of the radiator so the cooling air it sees is not warmed by passing through the radiator fins. Front mount is also larger so has more opportunity to cool the charge air.

Front mount is a bit more costly too :)

Bob

Front Mount

I see. What do you mean more costly I kno is cost more for the actual intercoler but how bout after the initial cost of the intercooler what are al of the other cost associated?

If cost is any concern, then a FMIC (front mount Intercooler) is by far NOT the best bang for the buck. Most vendors supply all of the connecting hoses, clamps, etc. for a full install. The the stock IC is adequate until you really start flowing some air. In fact a big a$$ IC may even slow you down. If you are a newbie, then do a couple of searches on the subject a get familiarized with the subject.

You mention associated costs...a lot of times with a front mount you will end up upgrading your entire cooling system because it blocks airflow to the radiator. Some people have overheating issues and others don't with a front mount. At a minimum you might have to upgrade to a dual fan setup. Just be aware of that.

I have a PTE f/m and my car runs 195* on the freeway on an 85* day. Temps drop to 180* in stop and go traffic. With the stock I/C it ran around 170* consistently. I also have dual fans and a radiator from an unknown car. I will be getting an F body radiator and the radiator side baffles to see if cools down any further.