front mount or stretched stock location?

i wasnt trying to be ignorant when i made the comment about mease performance. i actually have had good luck when it come to ordering parts for my gn. i actually dont drive the car that much, never in stop and go traffic, mostly just cruise around in it around the area where i live and on the highway sometimes. if i wanted a front mount i really wouldnt have to wait around at all for it cause i live really close to jay's gn, i get most of my parts there and he wants me to go with the pte front mount he sells. also i plan on upgrading to a ta49 turbo after the intercooler, will i be ok with the stock turbo and a front mount until i get the 49? i really dont see that there could be any sort of problem but just want to make sure. im not set on getting a front mount i have to sit down and think about things a little better. some day i would like to be in the 10's maybe i should just go with the front mount, i dont know.

Considering you don't drive the car much and never in stop and go traffic I personally would get the front mount and be done with it!

you would see more improvement if you went ahead and upgraded your turbo first......you could then put the Duttweiler neck on your stock I/C abd have a very nice setup...cheaper than a front mount and more bang for the $$

I agree with azgn's recommendation. Get the 49 turbo and you will gain more than going to a FM. I think the FM would be overkill for the 49 anyway. Spend your FM money elsewhere, ie, injectors, scan tool, etc. JMO.

i made a post on july 18th asking if anyone was using the v4s and two people said they had problems getting it to fit, QuickWE4, and MSDGN. it really jacks me off when you order something and it doesnt fit like its supposed to. i realize these guys that make parts for our cars are small fabricating businesses and these parts are made by hand, but thats no excuse for me, if im gonna spend that much money for a stock location intercooler it better fit right. i know people will disagree with me but thats my opinion.

well then, get the front mount your vendor wants to sell you, pick up some turbo lag, overheating, and no performance increase and you'll be happy because it will fit!

Mines fit perfect, except for the bottom half of the shroud. I also had to loosen up the compressor housing to line up with the IC. I

you asked for advice and opinions......I have no problem if you disagree with mine.....

Re: stretch

Originally posted by Blkt6
I heard that Mease disapeared and alot of people where waiting on products?And BGC is out of business,is there any one else that makes stretch?

Why do you think BGC (Bowling Green Customs) is out of business? I bought two items from them 2 weeks ago. Their online catalog is semi-under construction, but you can still get info from it and call them if you want to purchase anything. I'm not sure if they still offer the stretch intercooler though. I just looked at my paperwork, and they are now calling themselves SOUTHERN KUSTOMS, but it's still the same outfit and stuff.