You can type here any text you want

front mount???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bob brady

3 black cars
i'm shopping for a new intercooler, and can't decide between front mount and stock location! i don't want my pristine GN to look like a drag car, and i don't want to suffer high engine temps, so i am leaning towards a SLIC. i am told the engine and AC will be much cooler. do you guys have any input??

What are your goals? Nick is making a big neck stock intercooler that would get you to 11s. I've seen the Precision slic go 9s.

Then a precision slic is what you want. No adverse affects and enough flow to support anything you currently want.
the precision site lists a SLIC for $999 and full throttle offers a GN1 for $599.99!! looks exactly the same

Is it really hot in some months where you live, like Phoenix?

If not, and you want the expanded cooling of a front mount, go for it.

Add a nice quality big aluminum radiator and dual fans, you'll be good as gold.

Forget about running your A/C when it's really hot, though............. :D:(

You should always make the effort to determine the country of manufacture whenever you purchase anything.

Then you buy the product that is manufactured in the USA.

Didn't even have to read the above.

Buy American or get burnt.

I've seen a Precision go 9s. Anyone see a GN1 go 9s?

i always thought that GN1 sold quality parts! i have an exhaust from them that is 2nd to none!

They could be made well. I have not seen data on how well they perform. The stock intercooler is sized for lower hp. It can be improved some but it still has a ceiling. There may be a few that have gone low 11s or high 10s with one. I don't think that's common for thexample average TB. Any intercooler that flows more than the stocker can improve the potential numbers. The next issue is where does the better flowing intercoolers improvement end. Look at signatures of people that run your goal. Compare engine builds, turbos, intercoolers and converters. You'll see patterns. There's no one answer. Lots of air flow though is the common theme. The GN1 may very well get you there but I know the Precision can, if you do it right.

Back