You can type here any text you want

Front seat belts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Whtlightning

Anyone have an idea on where to purchase a good set for the front? Mine have developed some serious slack and the dealership informs me they are no longer available from GM. Thanks.

Keep an eye out on e-bay, you can pick up a set from any 88-91 Firebird/TransAm/GTA/Formula/TTA/Camaro as our color was used all those years. I picked up a set as I needed to replace one of mine. Expect to pay anything from $20 to $80 for a complete set (front and rear).

There was a recall on the seat belts on 3rd gens. Don't remember if the TTA is covered or not. I know my 84 Z28 got new ones because the retraction device stopped working. It was early 90's for the recall but not sure since it was so long ago.

National highway traffic safety administration RECALL BULLITEN states (1) recall for the 20th ann.TTA.... description of defect : Plastic components of seat belt buckle assemblies do not contain an ultra violet stabilizer, and exposure to direct sunlight and elevated interior temperatures could weaken the plastic components. Consequence of defect: this could result in breakage of plastic components which could prevent buckle from latching and protecting occupant in a sudden stop of accident. Jay

Back