You can type here any text you want

Front speaker location/head unit?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNBRETT

Pelennor Fields
Been out of the game for a while and just getten back in. What would you guys recommend for front speaker install locations on an 87 Turbo "T". Will any decent speakers fit in the doors or do I have to do a custom kick panel setup?

Not looking to set the world on fire with a competition stereo system just a real good set of front speakers, good head unit, sub and decent amp. Don't want to add too much weight to the car.

Will I need rear speakers or are they just fill when a good set of separates are used. Any recommentations on a sub that's not too large and heavy but packs a good tight punch? I want a head unit that will work in a user friendly configuration for my IPOD. I want a head unit that navigates close to how my IPOD does. I like the Eclipse or Alpine. Thanx.

I have Alpine 3.5" speakers in the dash, JL Audio 5.25" in the doors, and Kicker 4x10s in the back deck with a Blaupunkt head unit.

Does OK for 90% of what I listen to (rock, alternative, and some classical). Could use a bit more on the bottom in some instances. It clips at high volume, but that's to be expected when running off the amp in the head unit.

Get bass blockers for the dash speakers.

Bass blockers? Whats that?

They're basically high-current capacitors that cut out low frequencies. Use them on the 3.5" speakers in the dash to keep them from clipping.

Any auto sound shop worth its salt will know what you're talking about if you ask for them. That would probably exclude Circuit City, Best Buy, and H.H. Gregg.

They're basically high-current capacitors that cut out low frequencies. Use them on the 3.5" speakers in the dash to keep them from clipping.

Any auto sound shop worth its salt will know what you're talking about if you ask for them. That would probably exclude Circuit City, Best Buy, and H.H. Gregg.

H.H. Gregg? Not sure who that is?

Back