You can type here any text you want

Front swaybar questions?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboc87gn

Darkside in Detroit
I was pickin at the pic a part yard yesterday and grabbed a few things..I got a swaybar off of an 85 Z28.. after searching on here i found it is not the 36mm bar but its either a 32 or a 34mm one I

used a crescent wrench on the camaro bar and tried it on my gn 32mm bar and there was a lil space on the gn bar but i was checkin the side if the bar not at the front.Since this is not a 36mm bar would it be worth it to change it?
I tapped in the bar with said wrench and it sounds hollow...Or should i find another yard to locate a 36mm bar i hate wastin $$$ i did get it for $16 tho:biggrin:...

You'll be fine with that bar. It's lighter than stock so thats a plus. In all reality, you'll never notice the difference between the 34 or the 36.

Jeremy's right. The overall size will be different from stock to the F-body so you'll notice some better handling but from the 32 to the 36 there really isn't that much of a difference. Just use really short end links to cut down on the motion and it will really make a difference.

What end links should i use? I was gonna get energy suspension ones but what vehicle do i get them for so they are shorter?

I use stock replacement MOOG's from the parts store. I dont believe you need shorter endlinks. Just be sure to not tighten them all the way down. Set them just a little taught and then adjust tighter by how the car feels while driving it.

I litterally went to AZ and bought the shortest ones I could find. You don't need the shorter links but the less the endlinks flex the better the bar will react. I discovered this on my old Skyhawk I used for road racing.

Back