You can type here any text you want

Front Tire Rubbing After Coil Over Install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Azrial89

So i installed new tubulars upper and lowers also QA1 Coilovers. I do not have the exact ride height on hand, but i lowered it quite a bit. I have 235/60/R16 on stock GN rims, The left side is fine, no rubbing in transit or cornering. But the right... It rubs like mad, while parked i can hardly fit my finger between the fender and the tire. I was thinking about going 225/55/R16... Or, how does one roll the front fenders, im sorta confused on that whole process. Thanks

-Austin

When I ran 235/60's on my GN, which is lowered quite a bit, I only had to remove one of the inner fender well bolts, that is what was rubbing on mine. Would still get some rub on a hard bump. Eventually went to stock size 215/65's on the front though.

Well went to discount tire today to gander at some tires. Looks like I'm gonna go 215/60's

How does one check for body shift?? Sounds like a terrible time...

Great, Thanks for the help. I will be diving into that issue in a while. Headed up to Phoenix this weekend to park cars for Nacar, im bringing the Buick up with me so i wanted to get new tires anyway.

It is be coming a more common issue now a days with more and more people going with aftermarket suspensions and wider tires..

If the body shift is not corrected, can it get worse? Or does it just stop at a certain point?

And even if you shift the body over where it should be and tighten your body bushings back down, It will just move right back after a short period of time!

Tada! Upper core bracing,if my core moves i'll be up-set,i'm G-Monster to cornering

11-7-12 (2).JPG
You can't roll the front fender lips, But you can re-mold them, Makes the fender one piece

2-10-12.JPG

I run 255/40-18 Falken in the front,no issues (but run "stiff" coil over Q1A's)

Attachments

• 11-7-12 (4).JPG
    11-7-12 (4).JPG
    560.9 KB · Views: 146
Back