You can type here any text you want

Front wheel studs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

oldtimer

Anyone know where I can get longer front wheel studs to properely fit Weld Pro Stars to make them NHRA legal ?

George

George,
There have been some prior postings by Red Regal about this subject. Hes found some basic drop ins from the local auto parts store.He wrote:

"FOR ONLY $1.00 A PIECE, YOU CAN BUY 2" LONG LUG STUDS AT YOUR LOCAL PARTS STORE. HAS THE CORRECT KNURL DIAMETER AND THE SAME METRIC THREADS AS STOCK.....M12-1.50R HERE'S A PART # FOR "WHEEL TITE" BRAND........28501

IN MOST CASES, 2" IS LONG ENOUGH. STOCKERS ARE 1 1/2" FROM END TO END. HOW MUCH DO THESE OTHER AFTERMARKET LUGS COST? I GUESS THERE MAY BE SOME USE FOR THEM IF YOU'RE RUNNING 9s.
**** #52"

If that doesnt work try this:"GM part number 22551491 for 3 inch metric lug studs." :cool:

What is the correct knurl size? Does anyone know if the 1/2" size on the chevy caprice has the same knurl size. im running 1/2" studs in the rear and wanted to put 1/2" studs on my LS-1 front brake conversion. hopefully a bolt in like a caprice has.

Here you go, NAPA Part # BK6411581 Just went to there website and there $1.99 each. Might be cheaper at your local NAPA store.
HTH
Nick

fatride said:
Here you go, NAPA Part # BK6411581 Just went to there website and there $1.99 each. Might be cheaper at your local NAPA store.
HTH
Nick

Hey thanks all.

Picked them up at NAPA. I paid $1.77 each for them. Keep in mind that's
Canadian. :D Currency exchange is getting better up here in the north country.

George

Anyone know who makes nice (SS or ??) open lug nuts for use with long wheel studs?
Conrad

Back