FrontMount almost in!

Deckhand

Hey guys, my friend's front mount intercooler(bar and plate style) is going to be installed soon. Heres a pic:
p2120010.jpg

Any comments, advice, or suggestions with these types of intercoolers?

Thanks.

looks similiar to the ones that have been selling on ebay!
regardless should be much better than the stock ones i would imagine! looks like a nice piece

Originally posted by disco stu
How thick is it? I have seen you post that pic on TRS. Who is fabbing the pipes?

It is 3 inches thick. The inlet/oultet are 3" as well. A friend of ours is fabbing the piping with 3" mandrel tubing.

Thanks for the input guys.

Could you e-mail a phone # as to where to buy that cooler? Have a friend who needs one.
What about relocating the 3in. outlets to have them pointing down? Thanks

Re: e-mail

I was gonna say the same thing, would be much easier to Fab the pipes that way and much easier to install, if he can do the outlets pointing down count me in for one, i like to know who sells those but i like mine with the outlets pointing down instead of the sides...

Originally posted by Lee Thompson
Could you e-mail a phone # as to where to buy that cooler? Have a friend who needs one.
What about relocating the 3in. outlets to have them pointing down? Thanks

Keep us posted with lotsa install pics and how much fabbing / hacking is needed. Looks like a nice alternative to the PSIC if you're going for a budget FMIC.

will do, should be done tomorrow, ill post some pics.
asap, hope to be heading to the track this sunday to try it out

Let us know how you plan to install brackets, plumbing,etc. I also have one of these I would like to install one of these days.

I have the 4" model. If I ever get around to installing this thing, I should be able to expect some significant power gains. I think the intercooler is the biggest weak link in my combo now.

after mounting the 3inch, wth no problems, cutting or hacking , im not sure the 4 incher would fit. So far the intercooler was a direct bolt in, with just making to a few brackets. Uploading some pics , be up in a few mins

pics are nice but...

Man forget about the pictures, I dont think ur tryin to win a beauty contest so just make some passes and lets hear how much better the car runs ;).