You can type here any text you want

fuel and ignition systems for 9 and 10 sec cars

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rtviper

What are you running for reliable fuel pumps and ignition systems in your 9 and 10 second cars? Is anyone using in tank fuel pumps and stock style ignition systems? Are you using your stock fuel tank?

fuel and ignition systems

Hi Viper, it is my belief alot of guys are running the stock ignition system very successfully in 9 and 10 sec cars with upgrading their plug wires to MSD or something along that line.

As far as fuel pumps, Walboro is a good pump from what I hear to push a car that far. It's like anything tho...depending on turbo size, you gotta match pumps for the injector size you wanna run as well as fuel lines. If you put a list of what you have...or want to get, there are the best of the best here that can help you out with what "proven" combo's will work :)

I have an external aeromotive pump,55# injectors, stock ignition and msd wires. The car makes plaenty of power with this setup. Guys have run in the 8's with a stock ignition before.:)

If its a Street/Strip car I would use an intank walboro going threw the stock line. Add a 2nd pick-up in the top of the sending unit. (stock Tank)Use a High Pressure in-line pump(SX or Bosch) #8 or #10 line up to the driver side fuel rail( You will need to modifie the fuel rail with a #8 or #10 fitting) Turn the 2nd pump on by a pressure switch (7 to 12 lbs) I've been using that set-up on 9 & 10sec combo's for years with excelent sucess. Hope this helps.:)

Thanks for the information. Lots of good ideas as to what has been sucessful. I am interested in how many have used the stock tank with impovements to the lines and pump

Stock tank, Aeromotive external pump. I added a -12 pickup pulling through the top of the tank and using the stock feed line as a return. Only real issue is having to keep a full tank of gas when I race. Anything below 7 or 8 gallons is danger zone, especially for quarter mile racing. Of course the car runs 9 flat and burns 2 gallons every pass. I am currently adding a 4 gallon cell to hook up strictly for racing. I'm tired of pumping out race or pump gas depending on what I am doing with the car that week.

Greg Kring
Arlington, Texas

I used a stock sumped tank for a while. Even correctly done they must still be kept about 1/2 full or the car may stall during hard turns or stops.

I later went with a RCI alum cell in the trunk. Weldon 2015 thru a -10 to the rail, stock feed as a return. This has worked very well for me.

Back