You can type here any text you want

fuel filter...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6-Sauce

It's been awhile seen I replace the fuel filter, I have to depress the fuel lines first. I forget do u start the car and then pull out the fuel pump fuse and this release's the pressure in the fuel lines with the gas cap off.

Probably easier to loosen but on fuel filter slowly or get a fuel pressure gauge and hook it up to schrader valve to release pressure.

thx for replying, I don't really want to touch the schrader valve. I know to just unsrew the stem cap but their a certain tool to use for the schrader. I don't have it. Can I use a screwdriver and just push in to the valve to depress pressure.

Yes don't unscrew it just press t like a bicycle tire but it will shoot and drip everywhere for a second without a hose attached

after the filter's in, To prime new filter is just engine off/turn key for 3 seconds then off /and repeat like 3 times to prime right.Is that right.

You can get a schrader valve tool at any parts store. Usually if you do it when the car has sat overnight, there is little to no pressure in the system. I like the Delco filters, quality seems better than the parts store brands. Make sure the o rings on the fuel line are good too. Shouldnt take too long to change.

I park the car where I want to do the job....

...then the next day the pressure has bled off.

Back