Fuel lines and fittings

John Larkin

Sublime Master of Turbology
I am going to guess that teflon lines will be a needed addition as well as stainless hose ends and/or fittings. I read that Buna-N O-rings or Viton are compatible with E85 as well. I would presume this means new O-rings on the injectors also. I am concerned about the bladder in the fuel pressure regulator and over time, the steel in it as well as the fuel rail.

Any input?

All good questions. I e-mailed Aeromotive a week ago to see if their pumps and FPR's are compatible with E85 but no answer yet. My guess is that we are just going to have to start running e85 (after upgrading injectors and pump and maybe fuel lines) and see what happens over time. I believe that there are some TR owners out there running E85 but they are not talking, for the most part.
Conrad

Buna N o rings are great, even for us gas guys.

Anodized fittings are good and cheap, I got Stainless and Anodized fittings for my E85 GTO. Nickel will also work well.

Alcohol is going to lessen a pumps life, Magnafuel tends to be the leading pump for most of the E85 cars I have seen. They also last longer than Aeromotives on gas anyways so that was my main reasoning besides the massive pump volume figures.