Fuel Pressure maybe too high?

jretrodude

Hello,

Just replaced my injectors and fuel pump on saturday and still can't figure out why my car dies at idle and when you put it into gear? Could it possibly be the fuel pressure is set too high and flooding itself out? I have it set to 48? Guy at poston's said to lower it to like 36, lost on this whole dying thing?? TPS IAC etc. are all at a normal reading, but the blm is like 147 at idle but is okay when it is at wide open throttle? Running a standard street chip from postons (93 octane chip) new computer, new starter. Was wandering if it could also be because I still have the stock air box, looking to get a cold air kit but gotta save up a little more? Also my MAF is a 4 at idle it is supposed to be like 5 or 6 but with the restrictive air box I think it is starving for either air or fuel? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. jretrodude :)

The high BLM does suggest a vacuum leak, but that would not make the car die, it's still within range. It could also be from having the fuel pressure too low. 43-45, line off, is about right for an aftermarket chip. (Postons chips are Caspers, I believe) Could be bad MAF, though. The low reading doesn't have anything to do with the stock air box, unless maybe the filter is really clogged. If you don't have the money for an aftermarket filter, you can take the bottom of the stock box off, and leave the element open, and see if that helps. It will at least let you hear the classic "turbo sneeze". What size injectors did you put in? If they are bigger than stock, maybe the new chip and injectors just need some time to settle in with the ECM.