You can type here any text you want

fuel pressure?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ikle

After shutting down the motor I took fuel pressure readings every 10 minutes for the total of 4.5 hours to see if I have any issues with my injectors.
Here are the readings:

39-35-33-31-29-28-27-27-25-24-23-23-22-21-21
20-20-19-19-18-18-17-17-17-17-17-16-16-16
then 8.5 hours later still had 8#.

What do you guy's think.Thanks,ikle.

I think you're fine. If it doesn't leak down much after 10 minutes, why worry about it?
Are you trying to fix some particular problem?

After shutting down the motor I took fuel pressure readings every 10 minutes for the total of 4.5 hours to see if I have any issues with my injectors.
Here are the readings:

39-35-33-31-29-28-27-27-25-24-23-23-22-21-21
20-20-19-19-18-18-17-17-17-17-17-16-16-16
then 8.5 hours later still had 8#.

What do you guy's think.Thanks,ikle.

It looks ok. Does the car have extended crank on cold start? Does it have a misfire on startup? after car has been driven pull up the injector rail with the injectors and key up a couple times and see if any injectors are leaking. There is a check valve in pump that will cause problems with fuel running back into tank and causing extended crank issue.

I have a gas smell in the oil and trying to see if I have a leaking injector,the car starts up normal like 3-4 revolutioins,I also have a rough idle with high BLM's(144)so I also did a vacuum test on all the vacuum lines and found some small leaks but I am concerned that the fuel pressure regulator,the purge solenoid on top of the charcoal canister and the EGR valve solenoid don't hold vacuum.Did a post on that matter but no replies yet.I also removed an inline check valve on the PCV hoping that would help.Thanks for all your replies,ikle.

I have a gas smell in the oil and trying to see if I have a leaking injector,the car starts up normal like 3-4 revolutioins,I also have a rough idle with high BLM's(144)so I also did a vacuum test on all the vacuum lines and found some small leaks but I am concerned that the fuel pressure regulator,the purge solenoid on top of the charcoal canister and the EGR valve solenoid don't hold vacuum.Did a post on that matter but no replies yet.I also removed an inline check valve on the PCV hoping that would help.Thanks for all your replies,ikle.

Start it with the vacuum line off the fpr and see if there is any fuel coming from vacuum port of regulator.

Back