You can type here any text you want

Fuel Pressure

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GTABurnout

What should I have my fuel pressure set at.
My mods are:
Professionally rebuilt trany with many upgrades - very strong....
Red stripe converter from G.S.C.A.
Ported and Polished heads
Port matched intake
Liquid/AIr intercooler by ATR ( LESS THAN 5 OF THESE MADE FOR TTA's
TE 44 Turbo with .63
Custom chip
SS 3in Dp from Mease Performance
SS Exhaust from flex back
SS MAF pipe
test pipe
ATR air fuel monitor
Caspers KNOCK gage
K&N cone filter
Adjustable fuel reg.
MSD 50#/hr injectors
Adjustable wastegate actuator
Turbo ignition wires
K&N valve cover vent
The Turbo shield and uppipe are chrom plated and the SS maf pipe has been polished and looks chrome!!!!!
thanks.

Totally dependant on chip....and the injector constant put into it.

Can vary from 30 to 60..depends on chip...then depends on climate conditions and boost being run...

Ya start rich then start to lean it out till you get the O2 numbers your looking for.Every car is different..more so when its been modified.

I like running low pressures so I dont tax my fuel pump as much..and my chips are done that way.

Try 45 static (line off) and go from there . optimum 02's should read 760-810 @WOT. I tent to keep it rich just in case. You have a SM?

Thats the problem..in his mods he lists.."Custom Chip"

45 is great for a stocker with a thrasher chip.And it may be rite..

He need to start looking at BLM's..then move onto WOT ;)

Like they said start rich and go from there. I would take your scan tool... whichever one you have, and set the fuel pressure where the BLMs show that you are running rich, back off 1 or 2 psi from there and start tunign for WOT. I like to have My O2s in the 790-810 range to be on the safe side.

Hunter, Start with 40# vacuum line off and watch the A/F meter at WOT!! should be lighting the .800(first red) and your set.

Originally posted by GTABurnout
So I unplug that vacum line to change the pressure. What happens if I don't?

Nothing really..if you read 35 lbs and you turn the screw clockwise and it goes to 36 lbs then you increased fuel pressure by a pound.

Only reason to disconnect the FP line is that when an engine is idling the vacuum can fluctuare and cuase the guage to bounce..disconnecting the line makes the guage rock steady..

http://www.gnttype.org has a lot of information on tuning and these cars..If your new to these cars..start reading..it will take some time to all sink in..usually a couple months of reading articles and what not..I do suggest the reading and if anything becomes unclear..post :)

HTH

Julio

When I pull the vacume line off the pressure jumps like 10 psi should I set it with the line off still or with the line on?

Back