Fuel Pump Not Working...

thepremier

What's up guys,

I am really frustrated right now because I can't seem to find the reason why my fuel pump is not starting when I turn the key to the "on" position. The fuel pump does not make any sound.

At first I thought my car was not starting because of a low battery charge, but I got the battery charged and still no start.

That's when I noticed that the fuel pump was not coming on. I checked the fuses, and they are all good. What else do I need to do to solve this problem.

Please help me out, I am so frustrated at this point.

Thank You

Behind your alternator you should have 2 "open" plug ends. Can't remember the plug or wire colors for each, but put 12V power to the single-wire one & see if FP runs. The 2-wire one is for the tach... Let us know,,,

Do you have hotwire kit?

Behind your alternator you should have 2 "open" plug ends. Can't remember the plug or wire colors for each, but put 12V power to the single-wire one & see if FP runs. The 2-wire one is for the tach... Let us know,,,

Do you have hotwire kit?

Put +12v on the "black" female test connector behind the alternator and see if you hear the pump running. The "green" male connector is your tach test connector.

If the fuel pump test as described works....
then crank the engine over until the "oil" light in the dash goes out and then the pump should energize it may take a bit.

The oil psi switch is the "seal in" circuit for the fuel pump and the initial 2-3 sec prime is just to get the engine to fire up.

I had the same problem with the initial prime not occuring right after I purchased my 87 and it was a loose/bad connection at either the ecm or the fuel pump relay connector I cant recall which though.

Good luck

Do you have hotwire kit?

Yes I have the hotwire kit from Racetronix

Do you have hotwire kit?

I just use the hood light 12 volt plug and stick it directly into the grey wire and it fires the fuel pump right up.
Fuses first, then check for power at the relay for hot wire and power at the pump. Those hot wire kits have an inline fuse you may have blown also. If all else fails, start looking for pulled out terminal pins in the connectors and check electrical taped connections to see if they are still connnected properly.