You can type here any text you want

Fuel pump sock on new pump???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I am going to triple check all my connections and all the relays and fuses. I do agree w/ you about the pump itself. I only kickced the pump on for a split second. Got fuel all up in my face too.:o :cool: If everything checks out good, I will have to see if Racetronix will warranty this one out for me. Thanks again Razor!

O'kay, I got the tank back up and befroe I put the rear end up, I checked to see if it would build pressure. The pump would prime w/ the key on but when I start to crank, it would not build fuel pressure. What else should I check for?:confused:

When it primes..how high does the pressure go to? Do you have a guage? It should goto at least 40 PSI..then when the car starts to build oil pressure, it then starts the pump..no oil pressure,,no fuel..

My understanding is first ecm sends a pulse to the pump to tell it fill the lines..then as the motor spins and oil pressure increases, the oil pump sender tells the pump to run..and keeps it running as long as there is oil pressure.

Some cars require them to be primed once or twice to get air out of the system..get a guage and monitor pressure as you try and start the car..

I could be wrong..but pretty sure i'm close..

Julio

When it primes, there is no pressure at the fuel rail. I have the FPG on the rail and when I am cranking it, the fuel pressure stays at 0 psi. I am getting frigged up w/ this thing. Now my key tumbler won't turn so I can't even start the car.:mad:

Back