You can type here any text you want

Fuel Ratio vs. Rpm&map?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Whitettype86

Young William
Does adjusting this do anything? My car loves lots of fuel and would like to know if I need to touch this screen? And when does this screen come into play closed loop or open loop?

This screen is used any time the engine is running. It is one of the most important screens! This screen sets your Air-Fuel ratio.

Typical air-fuel ratio settings will be something like this for many cars:
Idle, 13.5-14.0
Cruising (highway driving, etc.), 14.7
WOT, 11.8

Then, use your VE table to make sure that your actual A/F ratio matches this target A/F ratio in each cell (or as close as you can reasonably get).

In closed loop, if your VE table is wrong, it will adjust the PW so the actual A/F equals the target A/F.

In open loop, if your VE table is wrong, you will just run at a different A/F ratio than the target.

Something bothers me about your question. How do you know your engine likes lots of fuel, if you aren't adjusting your A/F ratio to the optimal? Some people think that if you want the car to run richer, you adjust the VE table, and I hope you know this is wrong!

-Bob Cunningham

11.8, Man if i try to lean on my car that hard i wonder what my egts go up to , they are already 1700 at 10.8 to 1.
I am begining to wonder if they are higher because it may be to rich,Guess there is only one way to find out.
Maybe there is more power left in her.

From 11.4 to 11.8-9 i picked up 40 hp at the rear wheels, so i think you have some more left in her! maybe at your level another 100hp. Ive run almost 1800 egt on stock heads and block, so far, holding together. Whitetype, the program i sent you with the a/f table will be safe, use it

There ain't no perfect target AFR for WOT! !!!

You have to find out what your car likes!.

IMO, you can overly fuel a motor and run alot of timing for a short period of time, and make lots of HP. Down side is you'll take the corners off the pistons, well, if it lives that long. You can hammer a motor apart thur *artifically* increasing the CR with alot of fuel, and get it to light with enough timing, it also can change the acoustic signature of the motor so the knock sensor misses all this fun and gaiety. This also explains some of the DOTC routines where there's no trace of anything being wrong other then exceeding the mechanical stress limits of the crank.

Using an Innovative, I've seen anything form 9.8 to 11.8 in 10 sec cars. And all were running pretty quick.

Well i should be a the efi shootout at etown on hte 22 i think.
SO i may lean on it a little bit, It is the anniversary of last years melt down though:D
I also am now going ot run the meth injection to bring down intake temps at the 30# plus level.I was also thinking of buying a .96 exhaust housing to see if that helps out at all up top

Hope your in open loop as the meth will show rich, and the fast will lean out the fuel. Making it imposible to tune in.

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
11.8, Man if i try to lean on my car that hard i wonder what my egts go up to , they are already 1700 at 10.8 to 1.
I am begining to wonder if they are higher because it may be to rich,Guess there is only one way to find out.
Maybe there is more power left in her.

I once mentioned to Dan Strezo that I couldn't bring my EGT's down from 1800+. He said that a properly tuned S2 engine WILL run high 17's to low 18's.

He kinda eased my fears at the time.

Originally posted by norbs
Hope your in open loop as the meth will show rich, and the fast will lean out the fuel. Making it imposible to tune in.
I was gonna try and use the meth to replace partial fuel and will start real rich and play with my a/f ratio and v/e number to keep it were i want it

Well I was talking with another buddy and he pointed out something that makes alot of sense. That my coil and module my be bad due to the amount of VE like 80 in the bottom tables to get the car to run and get the A/F ratio to 12.0. So I was thinking about changing out the coil pack and module this week since the coil and module are almost 20years old.

Originally posted by Whitettype86
Well I was talking with another buddy and he pointed out something that makes alot of sense. That my coil and module my be bad due to the amount of VE like 80 in the bottom tables to get the car to run and get the A/F ratio to 12.0. So I was thinking about changing out the coil pack and module this week since the coil and module are almost 20years old.

Whitettype86: If you ask 10 people, you'll usually get 10 diferent opinions. Whoever your tuner is, is who I would trust. With that said, you may want to look at your injector opening time.

Otto: Your right on track, if you have any questions call me and I will try and help based upon what my car likes with methanol.

I agree with Bruce. There isn't any perfect A/F ratio. It's not unheard of for me to tune turbo Mustangs to mid 12 A/F's at 30+psi of boost.

Originally posted by HighPSI

I agree with Bruce. There isn't any perfect A/F ratio. It's not unheard of for me to tune turbo Mustangs to mid 12 A/F's at 30+psi of boost.

Why are mustangs any different then GN's? as far as A/F happyness?

Otto: Your right on track, if you have any questions call me and I will try and help based upon what my car likes with methanol.

I am not doing much with the car in the next week or so, So we can talk about it when we catch up in Vegas

Whitettype86: If you ask 10 people, you'll usually get 10 diferent opinions. Whoever your tuner is, is who I would trust. With that said, you may want to look at your injector opening time.............

He is running your program Cal!:D Program is NOT the problem.

What he needs to do is get the people taken care of that got the car started in the first place, then he can get some COMPETENT help.

Lot more issues need attention than a 20 year-old coil pack/module.:confused:

Back