You can type here any text you want

Fuel Storage?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
How long can you store say 55 gal drums of fuel? Not racing fuel just say regular... Also Diesel fuel, how long will it last?

Who me:redface: :cool:

Why not buy 500 or 1000 gallon tanks and store them outta sight. Like farmers do here. Put a 115V pump on top and walla... you have your own fuel station.

Gas goes up you buy 1000 gallons at a whack, save .30 cents that puts $300 in your pocket.

I can help:biggrin:

How much one of those systems cost?

I have your email on my home computer, when I get home tonight I will email you pictures and options to give you some idea's.

Even if you buy something close to home I can help you get the set-up you need.

1000 Gallon tank-- +/- $1100

Pump (GOOD ONE) $400

Meter- optional $125

I have your email on my home computer, when I get home tonight I will email you pictures and options to give you some idea's.

Even if you buy something close to home I can help you get the set-up you need.

1000 Gallon tank-- +/- $1100

Pump (GOOD ONE) $400

Meter- optional $125

All right! That I can handle. I need 2 of them:biggrin:

All right! That I can handle. I need 2 of them:biggrin:

Lots of farmers here are going with 2 or 3 because when diesel go's up $2.00 this summer they can beat the curve and buy early.

Will email pics tomorrow.:biggrin:

The keys to storing any fuel are keeping it in the dark and sealed up so volatile components can't evaporate and water and oxygen can't get in. In a factory sealed metal 55 gal drum you should be able to store gasoline for at least a couple of years with no problem. I'd guess you could store diesel for a good bit longer, and the same for methanol. If it's in a plastic five gallon container that you filled I wouldn't go past six months for gasoline or methanol if you care about the octane or water content. For my lawnmower I've gone 2+ years with 87 octane in a plastic jug and the darn thing still started up and ran ok :-).

Lots of farmers here are going with 2 or 3 because when diesel go's up $2.00 this summer they can beat the curve and buy early.

Will email pics tomorrow.:biggrin:

Isn't diesel prone to microbial growth like Jet Fuel.

I know that was an issue for my brother in law.

Isn't diesel prone to microbial growth like Jet Fuel.

I know that was an issue for my brother in law.

$10 treatment for that from various sources, Power Service, howes etc.

Just got home and am beat. Will reply tomorrow more.

Ty

wish i was Shane's neighbor, but i wouldn't be asking to borrow some sugar:biggrin:
when you are buying that much you are buying from the distributer aren't you with no station mark up correct? do they include tax for your state when you buy it , how does that work?

wish i was Shane's neighbor, but i wouldn't be asking to borrow some sugar:biggrin:
when you are buying that much you are buying from the distributer aren't you with no station mark up correct? do they include tax for your state when you buy it , how does that work?

Got to pay the tax but whatever it is at the moment is what you pay... We used to get 200 gallons of diesel at the time. It was mainly for tractors and equipment but I bought the highway use just in case... I ain't giving the man a reason to get me:biggrin:

Cool thanks man!

If you ca figure out how,,,, farm fuel is .41 cents less in Kansas than road fuel:biggrin:

Back